“Lunch on June 28, 2013”

Cuisines: American
Laurinburg, North Carolina, United States
“Lunch on June 28, 2013”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Arrived and entered dining room at 11:50 AM. One person behind counter did not acknowledge my entry to the business was too concerned with her important cell phone call. One other member of wait staff came out of kitchen and pushed her way past without a word.

Tried to find a table there were many empty tables most were dirty hadn't been cleaned from previous customers. One table had a order ticket folded in two with the word reserved written on the ticket. Finally took one of the few clean tables in the back corner of the dining room and seated myself. A waitress came by took my order for drinks as my companions had not arrived and did bring drinks in a timely fashion.

When my companions arrived the waitress took or orders in a timely fashion. Our orders were the first ones from the lunch trade that was filling the establishment quickly, yet it took over 45 minutes for an order of 2 sandwiches and a salad to arrive at our table.

The food was indeed as good as advertised, well prepared and very tasty. After we were finished with lunch my companions left and I got in line to pay my bill. I stood and waited for over 20 minutes for my turn to pay my bill, I never did receive a bill from the waitress had to tell the hostess what I had and she rang it up.

Overall the establishment has a mixed rating but in the end no matter how good the food is, there is never and excuse for bad slow service. If you have a set time for lunch I would suggest you go elsewhere as you may not be served in time. If you have time for a leisurely lunch with no set time limit then this is a must eat at establishment as the food is absolutely some of the best around.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Robert R

Miller Place, New York
“Good choice for lunch, close to St. Andrews”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

This worked out as a good choice for a sit down lunch for our party of eight. The waitress was pleasant and the menu selection was adequate. The prices were fair and the food was acceptable. It was nothing spectacular but we were not expecting it to be. The atmosphere was average and it was perfectly located and suited for our needs.

Visited March 2013
Laurinburg, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Homemade Burger Around”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great local restaurant with the best burger in the area. Good variety on the menu from sandwiches to seafood. The fried catfish is also delicious.

Visited March 2013
Erhard, Minnesota, United States
“Not fancy, but good value”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had the catfish grilled and it was nicely seasoned. Cole slaw was sweeter than I like, but good. Daughter had grilled oysters and onion rings which were excellent. Hubby had shredded pork BBQ and fries which he enjoyed. We all had hush puppies which were good. The beer selection was small, but good stuff. Service was friendly and efficient.

• Visited March 2013