“Great stay!”

Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Laurinburg
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at here on the way to the beach. Found the property to be clean, well maintained, and the staff friendly. The rooms were nice and quiet. After a long day on the road, the pool was even relaxing. Would stay here again without reservation. Nice hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kentuctraveler
HIExpressLBGNC, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you Kentuctraveler for the wonderful review you have written for the hotel. I would also like to thank you for staying at our hotel on your way to the beach. I am very pleased to know you liked our hotel from how we look to our amazing staff. We look forward to having you stay again very soon!
Crystal Paige, AGM

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed here during US Open by default as the travel agent had booked our travelling companions here and we were booked an hour away in Fayetteville Holiday Inn. Fortunately the managers got together and arranged for us to stay together & were most helpful.
This was our first time in Holiday Inn and we were very happy with our room which was spacious and comfortable.My only complaint was the poor Wi Fi reception.
The front desk staff were helpful and our laundry was returned promptly. The Breakfast was adequate and we loved the" do it yourself" pancake machine! I would be happy to recommend this hotel for a short stay if in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank 79suzannem79

Hello 79suzannem79 and thank you for staying with us here in Laurinburg. Thank you also for writing this wonderful review. I am glad both Ammie and I were able to accommodate you in order to stay close to your other traveling companions. I do apologize for the Wi-fi not being as up to par as expected but to let you know we have checked on the issue and have since monitored this. If you are ever in the area again, please come and visit us. We would be glad to have you . Thank you again and hope to see you soon!!

Crystal Paige, AGM

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stayed here two nights while attending the U. S. Open in Pinehurst and the rooms were good-sized, very clean and the front desk staff and others that I came into contact with were very cordial and professional. I left behind a personal article and when I called after getting home, they were very prompt in returning the article and the General Manager had enclosed a nice thank you note. The breakfast area was clean and well-stocked and I found nothing that I would rate less then excellent. Will definitely stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank sctallguy
HIExpressLBGNC, Public Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Hello sctallguy, Thank you very much for writing this review for us. We appreciate your business and I am pleased we were able to meet your needs. You are welcomed here any time you are in the area, just make sure you call ahead of time. Thank you again for being our guest, hope to see you again soon. Crystal Paige, AGM

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express the week of the Men's US Open that was being held in Pinehurst (about 30 minutes away). The hotel has had a complete rennovation from the pictures provided. The rooms have flat screened TV's, new furniture and bedding, and the bathrooms have been re-done as well. The hotel was clean and the staff was always friendly. Southern hospitality really rang true at this hotel. Paige at the front desk was especially helpful and gracious. The beds were comfortable and the free breakfast was great. Nothing too fancy but easy before a long hot day at the Open. They gave us a late check-out without any issues as well. I would reccommend this hotel to anyone heading that way either for a one night layover or for families/parents needing a place to stay when looking at St. Andrews!

Room Tip: The third floor seemed relatively quiet which is perfect fopr a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank HanLDev
HIExpressLBGNC, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Hello and Thank you HanLDev. We sure do appreciate you taking time out of your busy day to write this wonderful review about us. I am pleased to know you enjoyed our new renovated look and our newer healthier breakfast. I would also like to thank you for the amazing recommendation you gave us. If you are ever in the Laurinburg area again, please come back to stay with us again. We would appreciate you staying with us again. Thanks again HanLDev

Reviewed April 13, 2014

I was in town for the St. Andrews Reunion this past weekend and had another good stay. The hotel is better to me than the other choices in town, as it's newer and they have remodeled it since the last time I stayed there.

I was on the first floor which was close to the exercise room. They have a treadmill, an elliptical, a bike and some weights. Limited but it was never crowded during my stay. There is also a Family Fitness Center right across the street if you want more equipment. I've done both and this time the treadmill and weights were enough.

They have an outdoor pool, pretty standard stuff, but it's at the back of the hotel, to provide some privacy. The breakfast is awesome, though I didn't use it everyday as we met for breakfast at a different location.

The room was fine, a king bed and a sofa in the room. Also a microwave and fridge, very handy for an alumni weekend! The TV was nice, flat screen, and you can see your favorite shows "on demand", which I loved as I could catch up with the ones I missed. Free WiFi in the room was very good and pretty fast.

Plenty of parking, very close to State Route 74. I've stayed at all the other hotels in Laurinburg, and now only stay here at the HI Express.

So I'm a loyal customer and I'll stay here again next year.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Thank you Donald M. for not only staying with us but also writing this review. I am glad the Holiday Inn Express of Laurinburg, NC was able to provide to you everything you desired in a hotel. From the pool to the breakfast to the wonderful channel selection we offer our guests, I am happy to know you were taken care of 100%. I look forward to seeing you again next year for alumni weekend. It is truly a wonderful weekend for you and us. To be able to see all the St. Andrews alumni come from all over the US. Thank you again Donald. See you soon!!

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was very happy with this hotel. We stopped on the way to Charleston to get some sleep. Hotel was nice and clean. The only problem was that I called ahead to make a reservation letting them know I wouldn't be there until after midnight and no one was there at the front desk. It took about 15 minutes for the women to come out from the back even after continuous knocking and ringing the bell. Ultimately that's the only thing that kept the hotel from being to 5.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressLBGNC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you Jazzy_Mark for taking the time out of your busy day to write this review. I do want to apologize for the wait time you experienced when you first arrived. We are constantly busy at all times of the day making our hotel exceptional for our guests. I do hope that doesn't effect your future stays with us. We sure would love to have you come back to stay with us again sometime soon.

Crystal Paige
AGM

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hard to give it a 4.. Feel funny giving it a 3.. Let's call it a 3.5.

Very small check-in desk with one person working. 8 of us needed to check in. Computer was slow and it took forever to get us our keys.

Rooms were nice sized.. .Beds comfortable. Nice new flat screen TV.

Door would not shut and lock properly. Had to tinker with the lock and slam it hard just to get it to lock right. Wall heater unit is loud and impossible to control room temp.. It's either too cold or too hot. No thermostat. The heat is ether on or off. Bad design there.

Breakfast good and free. Coffee watered down and weak. Had to go up the street to McDonalds for good coffee.

Soo.. some good, some bad.. All in all a pretty good hotel for Laurinburg which is off the beaten path.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressLBGNC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Thank you Ravenboy for your time and your review of our hotel. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the hotel starting at check in, with the PTAC unit and the door lock. We have since fixed these issues. I see that you did enjoy the new TVs, bed, room size and free breakfast. If you are down our way again, please allow us to accommodate you again to make sure you have a better experience.

Crystal
AGM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurinburg
Comfort Inn
Quality Inn Laurinburg
#4 of 5 in Laurinburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke

Been to Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg? Share your experiences!