“Always reliable, HI Express”

Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Laurinburg
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Always reliable, HI Express”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I was in town for the St. Andrews Reunion this past weekend and had another good stay. The hotel is better to me than the other choices in town, as it's newer and they have remodeled it since the last time I stayed there.

I was on the first floor which was close to the exercise room. They have a treadmill, an elliptical, a bike and some weights. Limited but it was never crowded during my stay. There is also a Family Fitness Center right across the street if you want more equipment. I've done both and this time the treadmill and weights were enough.

They have an outdoor pool, pretty standard stuff, but it's at the back of the hotel, to provide some privacy. The breakfast is awesome, though I didn't use it everyday as we met for breakfast at a different location.

The room was fine, a king bed and a sofa in the room. Also a microwave and fridge, very handy for an alumni weekend! The TV was nice, flat screen, and you can see your favorite shows "on demand", which I loved as I could catch up with the ones I missed. Free WiFi in the room was very good and pretty fast.

Plenty of parking, very close to State Route 74. I've stayed at all the other hotels in Laurinburg, and now only stay here at the HI Express.

So I'm a loyal customer and I'll stay here again next year.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
HIExpressLBGNC, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you Donald M. for not only staying with us but also writing this review. I am glad the Holiday Inn Express of Laurinburg, NC was able to provide to you everything you desired in a hotel. From the pool to the breakfast to the wonderful channel selection we offer our guests, I am happy to know you were taken care of 100%. I look forward to seeing you again next year for alumni weekend. It is truly a wonderful weekend for you and us. To be able to see all the St. Andrews alumni come from all over the US. Thank you again Donald. See you soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed January 16, 2014

I was very happy with this hotel. We stopped on the way to Charleston to get some sleep. Hotel was nice and clean. The only problem was that I called ahead to make a reservation letting them know I wouldn't be there until after midnight and no one was there at the front desk. It took about 15 minutes for the women to come out from the back even after continuous knocking and ringing the bell. Ultimately that's the only thing that kept the hotel from being to 5.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressLBGNC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Thank you Jazzy_Mark for taking the time out of your busy day to write this review. I do want to apologize for the wait time you experienced when you first arrived. We are constantly busy at all times of the day making our hotel exceptional for our guests. I do hope that doesn't effect your future stays with us. We sure would love to have you come back to stay with us again sometime soon.

Crystal Paige
AGM
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Hard to give it a 4.. Feel funny giving it a 3.. Let's call it a 3.5.

Very small check-in desk with one person working. 8 of us needed to check in. Computer was slow and it took forever to get us our keys.

Rooms were nice sized.. .Beds comfortable. Nice new flat screen TV.

Door would not shut and lock properly. Had to tinker with the lock and slam it hard just to get it to lock right. Wall heater unit is loud and impossible to control room temp.. It's either too cold or too hot. No thermostat. The heat is ether on or off. Bad design there.

Breakfast good and free. Coffee watered down and weak. Had to go up the street to McDonalds for good coffee.

Soo.. some good, some bad.. All in all a pretty good hotel for Laurinburg which is off the beaten path.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressLBGNC, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Thank you Ravenboy for your time and your review of our hotel. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced at the hotel starting at check in, with the PTAC unit and the door lock. We have since fixed these issues. I see that you did enjoy the new TVs, bed, room size and free breakfast. If you are down our way again, please allow us to accommodate you again to make sure you have a better experience.

Crystal
AGM
Zirconia, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This was my 4th visit to this hotel. They have been doing a lot of remodeling over my past visits. It is complete now and really looks good. The staff is really friendly, Tiffany Tyson went out of her way to get us checked in and was very friendly. The lady at the breakfast bar, Donna was nice and help me with the pancake machine that was acting up that morning. Would I go back? Yes! The rooms were even updated, clean and the bathroom was huge. I enjoyed my stay there and I will be back in another 3 months for what I expect the same treatment I received on this visit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressLBGNC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you very much Michael N for your review. I see that you enjoyed every part of your stay with us at the Laurinburg, NC Holiday Inn Express. We will make sure to have a room for you stay with us again in 3 months. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your future stays.
Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Upon arrival we were very nicely greeted by desk clerk and recognized as a Rewards Club member. I was given a gift bag as well, it was better than most HI Expresses give. The location was very convenient and easy to get to with a GPS. The room had a nice TV with good reception. The bed was very comfortable.

The room strongly smelled of air freshener when we entered, later I discovered why. It had apparently been a smoking room (or someone smoked in it) and it reeked of cigarette smoke! Yuck! Had I noticed the cigarette odor earlier, I would have requested another room. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling above the shower. The security bolt on the door had been broken and was stuck on with plaster. There were a number of plaster patches on the wall that had not been painted. I discovered when trying to call the front desk for a late check out that the receiver to the telephone was not connected to the phone. I connected it and the phone still didn't work. There were also maintenance men banging on doors and shouting at 9 AM, it was a very quiet place up to that point.

I hope that this HI is undergoing renovations, as it appears to need them. As a Rewards Club member, I always make HI my first choice and hope this hotel will be making some changes.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you D29621 for your time and review. I do apologize for the issues you experienced at our hotel. We are continuing to make the rooms better through out the on coming weeks. We do appreciate your loyalty to the IHG Rewards Program. If you are in the area again any time soon, please come back and stay with us. We would like to make your next stay better.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I stayed here on business. I met all of my criteria for an "on-business" hotel. It was clean, comfortable and had good internet.

The room that I stayed in was nicely updated in the main room. The bathroom was updated as well, but wasn't as well-finished as I would have expected. The tub was either stained or a bit dirty, but overall didn't bother me.

As a note: some of the pictures linked to their website are out of date.

Overall, I rated an average. It was on target with my expectations for Holiday Inn Express in a rural location. It's a good place to stay in Laurinburg.

Room Tip: The ice machine is on the first floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressLBGNC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you Caitlin L. for taking the time to write your review. We do appreciate you staying with us here in Laurinburg, NC. Our hotel is still having a few things being done. We do look forward to you staying again.
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here for more than a week. Overall not a bad stay - clean, nice breakfast, gym across the road - everything you would expect from Holiday. Some housekeeping employees a little weird though. We did some middle of the night work, so we were often sleeping during the day. Once I got knock on the door around 11:30 - 12:00, and I said that we will be leaving in around an hour. The response I got was that there will be no one around to clean. Really? At 1 PM? I said it didn't matter. Other time the room was cleaned, but they forgot to put the towels in :))
Tiny things, not a big deal. Will probably stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HIExpressLBGNC, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you Denys B for your review. I would like to apologize about the issues you had experienced at our hotel. Your opinion matters as with every guest so thank you. We hope to see you back again sometime soon. Thank you again Denys B.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurinburg
Hampton Inn Laurinburg
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Bennettsville
Americas Best Value Inn - Rockingham

Been to Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg? Share your experiences!