“Above average”

Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Laurinburg
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Booked a room at this hotel for the Tough Mudder run in Society Hill SC. Ocotober 27 2012. Booked a executive suite with whirlpool tub. Cost was 125 for two people. Little more than I would usually pay for as a Priority Club Patinum member, but wanted to treat my son to nice room. I would rate this hotel average at best. They obviously are trying, there was new paint in the lobby, but the executive room left a lot to be desired. There was a pizza and half empty soda bottle in the mini frige when we arrived. The room still had the old 200 lb 20+ inch TV's. No flatscreens here. The sheets and furniture wasn't bad, but they carpet could use replacement. I think new housekeeping, carpet and TV's and this hotel might rate above average. Should be checklist for every room in housekeeping, should never find old food in the fridge.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for the upgraded rooms, from what i saw, nothing extra in upgraded room. Is bet...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Spent the night , carpet was stained, Internet sucked, feet got dirty walking in my room. Bed was good place was quiet, front desk staff was very friendly. Managers reception was ok, tv had some issue you had to hit it to get the color to work. Place needs updating. Poland hot tub were nice

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Dear Chuck S,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. It's nice to hear that you liked our quiet location, bed and friendly hotel staff. We strive everyday to create special experiences one guest at a time and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please accept my apologies for the shortcomings you experienced and I regret you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel, internet services and cleanliness of the room you received. Rest assured, your feedback will be used to monitor and improve the quality and services we offer to our guests.

We would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHG Care

Reviewed June 23, 2012

I have stayed here in the past and always had a good stay. This time was different starting with check-in. To start off, I will say, all the staff was friendly and helpful. Here are the details:
Check in was not smooth and easy as it typically is with priority club hotels. Apparently an employee did not do their job earlier in the day which caused great confusion to the staff when we checked in. After about 10 minutes, they figured it out and gave us our room key.
Next, when we got to the room, we checked the bed and found strange black particles all over the bed. We checked the spare bedding for the sofabed and found it to have hairs in it. We called the front desk who wanted to see these black particles. They came to the room and agreed there were weird black particles and gave us new sheets to put on the bed ourselves but were out of blankets.
Other issues we had include: The internet connection did not work for my laptop with Windows7 or my wifes ipad. One big towel had a hair on it, one big towel had a brown stain, and a hand towel had a brown stain. The sheets the front desk gave us also had some minor discoloration.
At check-out I told the staff at the front desk about this and they told me to contact them when we were staying there again and they would make things better, however no reimbursement in priority points were offered.
If I travel through that area and need to stay overnight again, I'll take them up on this offer and update this review as needed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank SuperPoser
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Mike E,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am pleased that you returned to our hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered during check-in and the internet service did not work. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience a valued customer. I want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. On this occasion, we fell below your expectations. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 25, 2012

All the staff at the hotel were wonderful. My room with the king bed was super!

Room Tip: The handicap room was very spacious. My only complaint was no soap dish in the shower.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Jamie P
Reviewed April 19, 2012

The Holiday Inn Express was OUTSTANDING. From the moment we checked in on Tuesday afternoon the wonderful desk clerk named DA was so kind and warm welcoming. The hotel offered a wonderful cookies, breakfast and evening snack. That thrilled my co workers and myself. We could not have ask for any better place to stay while in Laurinburg.

Room Tip: All Rooms are very clean and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Susan P
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Hotel was clean, mattress and pillows could use some upgrading. Rooms had too much furniture to get around with a king bed. I called down to ask about a TV guide and the front desk said they had them, but no offer to bring me one, just asked what was I looking for? Not much use for the guests at the front desk. Breakfast area with nice and big. Attendant didn't speak to any guests. Usually at most they are very friendly and make you feel at home. No sausage the day we were there. Front desk check in gave directions for restaurant for guests in front us quiet a few miles a way. He then told us about a place down the street. Luckily I had reviewed Trip Advisor ahead and we experienced a wonderful local restaurant "215 on Main" - see reviews. There was a place for a hand out for restaurants in the community, but none available. The desk clerk also was not aware of community activites - we were in for the Nascar Truck Race and he didn't know until he came to work that it was even going on. We would probably stay again, since choices are so slim in small town area. Safe area and Walmart and chain restaurant next door.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Dear MardiKev,

Thank you for staying with us. Your feed back is very important to us. I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay. We do not think of ourselves as "basic" or average, as we strive to be the best. Your comments will be shared with the appropriate departments. We always welcome opportunity to improve.

Katie J
IHGCare

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We were in the area for a motorcross race in February. OUr toilet in the room did not work. When we called the front desk we were told maintance would be up to fix it. An hour later we called back to front desk to be told the front desk attendants had changed and no one had told him. We were then told we would have to come to desk and get a plunger and plunge it ourselves. In the morning when we went down to breakfast the ladies bathroom in the hall had overflowed and sewage and toilet paper was all over the bathroom floor. The staff was very unfriendly and when we return for the next race we DEFINITELY will not be staying at Holiday INN Express

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurinburg
Comfort Inn
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Bennettsville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Laurinburg? Share your experiences!