“Really Bad Stay”

Hampton Inn Laurinburg
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Laurinburg
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The staff is never personable. I come in and the same young man is there, and usually sleeping or doing something in a chair. I have to say excuse me for him to get up and help me. He doesnt greet you just you have a reservation. I want to say, no I just showed up. Takes him forever to check me in. Doesnt say welcome back since i go to this hotel alot. The hotel is a disaster. Construction almost everytime Im here. I understand they are remodeling but the 2nd floor has a humidifyer in the hall and trim ripped out by elevator which leads me to believe there is a mold issue with the smell that was there. My hot water in the shower didnt work right and the heater just kept running all night. I work for a heating manufacturer and it is supposed to turn off when it hits the set temp, but it never did. I normally dont complain and believe me in the past I wanted to but this time just pushed me over the ledge. I am a hilton member, and I enjoy staying at Hamptons, but this hotel does an injustice to the others. I really wish someone would step in and fix this place. I want to continue staying here but if it doesnt change I will make the switch. Thank you

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Dennis K
mike c, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

This Hampton inn is not up to the standards of the Hilton chain. I do have to say that it is being worked on and is very obvious. No signs of work being done on room. The room was OK not great. The bedding is a little worn. The bed was hard not the nice comfortable bed I normally get when staying at Hampton. The carpet has stains. The bathtub has mold around it and that gross Mat that is coming up on the ends. Worst of all ceiling above toilet has stains and a hole In it, and wall paper falling off wall. Looks like room above mine had a toilet overflow or issues with water around toilet area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim K
Reviewed March 9, 2014

It's a little unfair to review this property while it is undergoing construction - but if you are headed there soon you will want to know.

First - it is awkward to get to the hotel. It is not on the highway entrance ramp - you go down a block and then turn into a business area off a side road. Not a big deal but tricky at night in the rain.

At the moment - March 9, 2014 - there is very heavy construction underway. The hotel remains open but the lobby is torn up, the check-in counter has been removed - there are saws and drills and noise...

The rooms look like they used to be nice again - hopefully post renovation they will be. I was on the highway side and there is a lot of road noise. Post renovation it may be better but today you will want a room on the other side of the hotel. There is also a lot of hallway noise and the curtains don't block the light from outside. All in all it's closer to a Motel 6 than a Hampton Inn - again I hope the renovations will change that.

There is no recognition for Hilton elites. No water, no pick what you want, no upgrades (in fact I booked a king but got 2 doubles and was told there wasn't a king available).

I'm guessing when the renovations are complete it will be a different story. Today and until they are done - I'd stay elsewhere. There are several other hotels close enough you could hit them with a baseball.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank sbccc
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I love the location of this hotel. It was a quiet area. Shopping near by and lots of places to eat close to hotel. The breakfast was not bad either. Checking in and out was quick and easy. Room was cleaned real good and bed was comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy D
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Carpeting in need of replacement. Tub was narrow and there was mold between where tub and fiberglass meet. Bed very comfortable. Overall, room clean. Staff extremely friendly and helpful. Room was small and price higher than other Hampton Inns I have stayed in.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The weekday/weeknight front desk staff is very helpful and friendly. The staff member who prepares the complimentary breakfast is wonderful as well. The room was very clean and the bed is super comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Lucy W
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are average, staff nice, but the quality of breakfast is so poor it doesn't deserve a rating of "1". At check in (5:00 pm) complimentary coffee was not even lukewarm. I'm going to need to find another place to stay when in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014
mike c, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Laurinburg, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our property. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience.Again, we apologize for all of the issues and we hope you’ll stay with us again soon and tell us what you think about our improvements.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurinburg
Comfort Inn
Quality Inn
#1 of 3 in Bennettsville
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Rockingham
Holiday Inn Express Pembroke

Been to Hampton Inn Laurinburg? Share your experiences!