“Needs assistance”

Hampton Inn Laurinburg
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Laurinburg
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The elevator was out and I previously requested a bottom floor, they put me and my family on the top floor and we had to carry our luggage up the stairs even when they had a sign up stating they will handle our luggage. Once inside the room I found pubic hairs on the toilet seat and there was a note stating the room was cleaned. Upon checkout I found a roach on the floor and took several photos with my cell phone for proof when they asked. The breakfast was great the the waitress that handled the breakfast was awesome but that's it.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Franklin T

Reviewed March 30, 2013

There was a limited selection of hotel options for our stay in Laurinburg, NC. We were not disappointed in this Hampton Inn as it served our purpose of being minutes away from our one day visit to St. Andrews University. The elevator was out of service and we were immediately informed of this and offered a handicapped accessible room on the first floor. We took the option of a third floor room with a king size bed and took the stairs instead. We were offered assistance with our luggage but chose to carry it up ourselves (no big deal). The room was large, clean and the bed was very comfortable after our 12 hour drive. The bathroom was clean with plentiful hot water and adequate water pressure. Breakfast was included with our room rate and there was a nice variety of options. Our expectations were met, the rate was fair, and it was the most convenient location for our stay.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Spent Fri/Sat night this motel on a windchilled, overcast weekend in March. The motel was a pleasant refuge from the weather.

Easy to find, well-lit, well-appointed. The breakfast service was better than average and the hot foods varied each day. The coffee was good and available in the lobby as long as there was any left. This Hampton Inn was conveniently located to external dining options and supermarkets. Wifi connection was easy to pick up and reliable.

I was lucky enough to be upgraded to a Suite at no extra cost. The suite was almost as large as apartments I have lived in. Both living room and bedroom has large flat panel TV and separate room heaters so two separate tastes in entertainment and temperature could be accomodated.

The staff was friendly, competent, and alert. The whole premises emitted positive energy. It's a sign of good management when employees feel as welcome and valued as customers. Just about the only thing I would recommend would be live plants/flowers in the lobby. That contributes to a field of positive energy, too.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

be aware, this Hampton is not up to the typical par. The staff is friendly enough, but management is not putting a dime into this location. Elevator was broken for over a month, beds are old and springy....no pillowtops here. Bathrooms have toilets that run on, are on loose footings and tubs that don't drain.

There aren't many high end choices in Laurinburg, but next time, we will try another chain of hotel. It cannot be much worse.

1  Thank SusanJ972
Reviewed March 13, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The staff was friendly. The room was clean. The fresh/clean bed spread for each new guest is a huge plus. The free breakfast was good and a different variety daily on hot bar was nice. The welcome video on the TV was cute.

I spent last week in San Antonio at the Westin Hotel and I think the staff at the Hampton was friendlier and the accommodations nearly as good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I had a great stay at the Hampton Inn. The property was quiet and pleasant. The property is very clean and well maintained. The property is small but the hospitality is Great! Each employee greeted me and with a smile. The front desk is an exciting team, making sure guest are confortable and satified. I will be back.... Thanks

PS. Make sure you look at their personal staff video on your room TV.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room across from the elevator and I still had a great stay