“Old, casual, reliable, friendly”
Review of Dale's Seafood

Dale's Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Lake Waccamaw is a town of about 1,500 people, so remember... you are not in NYC!
The place is old, and has character. Wobbly chairs and all! Casual - shorts and a t-shirt is all you need! Food is good and reliable. Portions are HUGE! I always get the fried catfish, and it is delicious. The small is definitely enough for one! I tried the stuffed flounder once... did not like it. My mom likes the platter with fried oysters and clams. Most of the menu is fried, but it's light, not heavy and greasy. The staff are always friendly! Go, enjoy, and remember you are in a small southern town. Be respectful to others, and they will return the attitude!

4  Thank nboutot

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Lunch specials featuring country cooking are a local favorite. Also, of you like fried fresh seafood, try one of their platters.

3  Thank Laura D
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Dale's in Lake Waccamaw is one of my all time favorite restaurants. The entire staff makes everyone feel right at home, fast service, delicious food, varied menu, & they even remember our names when we walk in!! We have our family & friends' gatherings always at this Dale's. Yes, as others have stated, the facility is not new; however it is always clean, well-appointed, & on a beautiful lake. Their clam strips, shrimp, oysters, & scallops are the very best. When we eat at Dale's, we get the fried seafood; sometimes broiled, & their sweet potato fries are superb (try them; you'll be glad you did; also their onion rings). So, go ahead & splurge once in awhile for fried; they lightly batter, & the service, along w/their food, is some of the best ever. Try to go to see the beautiful sunset over the lake; it's a marvelous example of God's Mighty Handiwork.

1  Thank dixiemay3
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

We went with friends so that really was the most memorable part of our visit. Service was fine, no complaints. The inside o the restaurant was as run down as some of the items on the salad bar! There were many salad bar items that were quite past their peak and downright gross! The food arrived at our table quickly and the portions were very generous. The food itself was ok. It was not bad at all, but it certainly did not bring joy to my palate and make me want to return again and again. Final decision . . . I would return again but I would be very careful what I order (there aren't exactly many 'eating out' options in the area!!).

1  Thank lmari535
Reviewed April 21, 2013

The wait time was short, hush puppies were a little greasy, but the food (fish, oysters,scallop and slaw ) was delicious. The view of the lake was wonderful and I will go back.