“Fantastic Food!”
Review of Amore Cafe - CLOSED

Amore Cafe
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Amore Restaurant is a Hiding Gem in the Mountains of Western North Carolina.
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Amore Cafe is well worth driving out of your way to visit. We visited this past Saturday after going to the farmer's market in Brevard and were treated to a wonderful, fresh lunch. My husband ordered a huge turkey club sandwich that was loaded with a side of macaroni salad. I had one of their individual pizzas (the Amore I think - chicken, spinach, garlic cream sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, feta cheese, pesto topping). As others recommend - try the specials! I love that everything is fresh and the selection is good. The desserts are amazing but I usually have to get them to go due to the large servings there ... cannot wait to return on my next visit to NC!

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Fantastic selection for a small place. Prices are good. Try to get out the door without any of the great pastries. Hard to do!!

Reviewed October 22, 2011

If you could have your new best friend come over to your house and cook you the best supper you've had in a long time, that would be your experience here! Perfect steak--grassfed, Western beef served over homemade potato cake. Gravy-thick wild mushroom soup chock full of mushrooms. Home-like atmosphere. The locals stood up and testified to the old-fashioned bread pudding, and the owner promised it would be free if we didn't love it...we paid for it, and we'll be back next year!

1  Thank foodgal072
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Pamela and the team at Amore Restaurant offers up both great lunches and dinners. The menu has a variety of standard fare, all I tried were well done, but they shine with the daily specials. Fresh ingredients, excellent meat and we've never been disappointed. Highway 64 is twisty at the restaurant location, so be careful not to miss it while enjoying the scenery. It's a BYOB, so a meal with wine is not only enjoyable but very affordable.

1  Thank bandr65
Reviewed October 10, 2011

I'd been to Lake Toxaway several times, but never managed to eat at the Amore Cafe. Like many restaurants in the area, it is open for lunch, closes until 5:30ish, then serves supper until 8:00. This trip I was lucky enough to have both supper and lunch at Amore Cafe. I had roast beef and my niece got chicken parm. Both meals were very tasty with a generous serving sizes and good side items. The service was great too! I'll definitely stop in again on my next trip.

1  Thank bbradshaw_98