All reviews life changing strength training fly fishing each guest healthy eating chef michael fitness classes week stay eating habits mental health hilton head health activities offered stand up paddle boarding connect with nature physical limitations washer dryers bedroom house
Reviewed May 13, 2018

I am so grateful for the opportunity to experience Skyterra. I knew I needed a vacation that would allow me to take a legitimate step back from my normal routine in order to explore new activities that promote health and wellness (which I could incorporate into my life back home), enjoy nature and all of its wonders(!), and, of course, to RELAX and decompress.

Skyterra afforded me these opportunities and so much more.

The staff who work there truly care about the guests and go above and beyond to provide them with an experience that is not only engaging and fulfilling, but also comfortable and relaxing -- all with an eye towards meeting the unique needs of each person who stays at Skyterra. The food is out of this world -- so delicious and healthy at the same time -- and the property itself is breathtaking. The mountains, waterfalls and blue skies promote health and wellness and allow you to connect with yourself and the world around you in such a gratifying way. Plus, the accommodations are lovely.

Thank you, Teresa and team, for providing me with an opportunity to kick back, relax and learn new things about myself and how I want to live my life -- all while on vacation! I am extremely grateful and look forward to returning to Skyterra.

Date of stay: May 2018
1  Thank abh004
Sue C, Owner at Skyterra Wellness Retreat & Weight Loss Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2018

Thank you so much for reviewing Skyterra Wellness! We enjoyed having you here and we are so pleased that you had such a wonderful experience and we look forward to your return! In health, sue

Reviewed April 15, 2018

Skyterra

This is my first review that I ever felt compelled to write because of the life changing experience of the duration of my stay, and the end result that I have been able to sustain, in my initial home setting.

Skyterra's main focus is touching on mind, body and spirit and how you feel in your own skin.

Before I came to Skyterra, I was empty and unable to dream, I was functioning on autopilot and was very indecisive. Skyterra's amazing team immediately helped me identify the areas I needed to focus on and how to utilize my energy.

You are not just another number at Skyterra. Each staff member is invested in you and wants to see each guest succeed.

Skyterra provides a safe, tranquil setting in a judgement free zone with plenty of adventure. There is such diversity in their program that guests frequently return whether its for one week or extended periods of time.

Skyterra helped me face my limited belief system and tackle my fears. I would like to say a few words about the staff that left a lasting impression on me.

Amber(Program Director)
Amber is a strong leader, a role model and influential figure at Skyterra. She always sets the bar very high and always knew when to challenge me mentally and physically. Aside from the amazing knowledgeable lectures, the ventures out in town and fitness classes, Amber organized an unforgettable yoga retreat that was truly a game changer for me personally which entailed understanding the 7 chakras, sound therapy with hot stones, creating intention cards, meditation with all the different mudras, yoga in the mountains and a beautiful unforgettable closing ceremony that bonded 7 woman for life. I highly recommend the next yoga retreat coming up in August for anyone that is looking for a true meaningful adventure.

Jeff(Fitness Director)
Jeff had one of the biggest impacts on me right from the start with his charisma and wisdom. Jeffs approach was very efficient and on point. He has been such an unbelievable teacher that really makes you internalize everything you learn, for example, when he corrected my running form by taping me in one of the many brilliant classes he offers at Skyterra. Throughout my stay, Jeff has shared numerous books, podcasts and information with me and has challenged me to several races all over North Carolina. Jeff has one of the most dynamic personalities and made exercise exciting for me again.

Teresa(General Manager)
Teresa was the first person I interacted with on the phone. She answered all of my questions without hesitation and maintained great patience. Teresa was the deciding factor that ultimately led me to Skyterra.

She was welcoming, kind and genuine throughout my 8 week stay with a smile that could light up any room. Teresa has very limited time and many responsibilities at Skyterra , yet she still found time to interact with all the guests, checking in daily to make sure everyone had what they needed. I had the pleasure of teaming up with Teresa in several leisure activities like morning walks, biking, pickle ball and spike ball which brought on many memorable moments and belly laughs.

Lindsay(Dietitian)
Lindsay is a very special woman. She taught me how to have a different perspective on the way I looked at food. She always simplified lectures, culinary demos and meal plans. Lindsay taught me how to still enjoy life and how to maintain a realistic lifestyle. Lindsay also took personal time to run multiple races side by side with me, which I never did before, She challenged me to my core and coached me through the moments that counted, with many helpful tips. The one quote that will always stay with me is “Every Hill Is Another Opportunity"

Kate(Spiritual Coach)
Kate was my spiritual coach whom I met with weekly. She helped me find humor at a low point in my life, and helped me get back in touch with my authentic self. Kate had many effective methods along the way, Some of my favorites were the silent lunches, mirror therapy and the five rhythms of dance. She also offers a variety of lectures that are easy to follow and comprehend. She has such an amazing aura about her, that she touches every guest she meets. Kate played a vital role at a crucial point in my life.

Ellwood(Recreational Director)
Ellwood has a tough exterior, but the truth is, he is so down to earth, approachable and fun to be around. He always kept morning connects and workouts that are different and exciting, and always added in that extra challenge at the end of each class. He contributed to the camaraderie between other guests. Ellwood was also responsible for organizing all the adventures at Skyterra which entailed multiple scenic hikes from moderate to tedious which I found to very therapeutic. He also introduced me to fly fishing in many different settings. It is a great way to get outside and be by the water. Although I struggled with my form, and many failed attempts to catch a fish on my own, from start to finish, Elllwood was extremely patient with me and didn't give up until I actually caught multiple fish in the net. It was amazing that I was able to succeed at this and I truly enjoyed it.

Josh(Trainer)
Josh is a rare breed! I really enjoyed our intellectual conversations before and after class about anything. Josh really helped me with my breathing and visualization which has been very beneficial for me in moving forward day after day. He also offers a FIT 10 class which entails 10 movements 2 times around for 45 second intervals, and depending on the guest, will modify exercises if need be.

Nicole(Chef)
Cooking was one of my biggest challenges as well as following directions for any recipe. Before meeting Nicole, I was extremely intimidated just by the thought of putting a meal together for myself alone, let alone for anyone else. . Nicole has really made cooking fun and has really ingrained the generalized fundamentals of cooking in me to the extent of me cooking a cauliflower pizza for my whole family on Easter Sunday It was delicious!! Nicole also took personal time out of her day to introduce me to gardening and water coloring which has actually turned out to be a new hobby of mine. It has expanded my creativity.

Maddy(Masseuse and Energy Work)
Maddy is such a beautiful wise soul that has limitless abilities to tap into each individual in very unique ways that produces results, especially if you are ready to do the work. Between the massages and energy work, I believe Maddy has cleared a pathway for me to move forward and has truly brought back the light in my eyes, as well as the ability to dream again. She is a master at her craft and has been my guide throughout my process at Skyterra. At 31 years old , I have decided to take a huge risk and change my career into the wellness field thanks to her.

Michael(Head Chef)
Michael Vess is the head chef at Skyterra and a person that really cares about everyones well being. Aside from all the behind the scene work and delicious meals that left me extremely satisfied, he was always very kind to check and make sure that all guests were having a good experience. Michael let me know on more than one occasion, that Skyterra would always be available for me at anytime if needed.

Anslee(Intern/Guest Services)
Anslee is literally the sweetest human I have come across in my whole existence. She is responsible for helping me come out of my shell. She was always talking me through challenging moments. We had a lot of fun together on hikes and would run outside together achieving goals we set for ourselves. Anslee is a woman you can put your trust in and count on.

Overall, I believe in what Skyterra represents, and will be forever grateful to have found the perfect fit that gave me a new healthy perspective on life.

-JS New Jersey

Date of stay: January 2018
4  Thank Jenna S
Sue C, Owner at Skyterra Wellness Retreat & Weight Loss Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Hello and thank you for your thorough review! I'm so pleased that your experience at Skyterra Wellness supported you so well! We enjoyed having you in our program and we are excited for your new adventure into the wellness field! In health, sue

Reviewed April 5, 2018

My experience at Skyterra for the yoga retreat was amazing!!! Everything was top notch, including the accommodations, meals, teachers, spa, & activities offered. I felt very much at home and cared for. There were so many options during any given day to choose from and engage in. I enjoyed all of them. There's a beautiful lake on the property, as well as waterfalls, rivers, meadows, and lots of trees. Walks were lovely!
I had an extremely comfortable bedroom and bed in a beautiful cottage shared with 2 roommates. They were very sweet. It was easy to make friends there. I am so grateful to the entire team at Skyterra. Each one is very special and has made a difference in my life! The spa services that I received while staying at Skyterra were phenomenal as well!
The yoga retreat was an amazing experience. Amber was our yoga teacher and she was a wonderful teacher in every way. She was inspirational! I am renewed, inspired, & so very grateful to Skyterra for this beautiful & nurturing experience!
I will definitely return to Skyterra again!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Sue C, Owner at Skyterra Wellness Retreat & Weight Loss Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2018

Hello and thank you for reviewing your stay at Skyterra Wellness! I am so thrilled that you had a wonderful experience at our yoga retreat! I agree with you that Amber is such an inspirational yogi! Thank you for coming and we look forward to seeing you again soon! In health, sue

Reviewed March 27, 2018 via mobile

It has been a year since I attended Skyterra’s
Wellness Retreat. I did not think it could improve , because my experience one year ago
was phenomenal. But the program has expanded to offer more options for workouts, activities and education plus early morning and evening options. The culinary center offered
some of the best meals I have ever had and they customized my choices . The new Spa
Facility was very popular with all guests. Several
were repeat guests like myself and they added to the experience. You will feel very comfortable and enjoy being treated with compassion and care. I have been in education a good part of my life and am convinced the team of leadership is the best !! Thank you Skyterra ❤️

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Connie M
Sue C, Owner at Skyterra Wellness Retreat & Weight Loss Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2018

We loved having you back to experience one of our very first "specialty" weeks! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and fellow travelers! It means a lot to us that you continue to have good experiences with our program! We look forward to your next visit. In health, sue

Reviewed March 12, 2018

The location unparalleled; the accommodations superb; Skyterra Staff exceptional; and personal experience I enjoyed will unlikely ever be replicated.
I cannot overstate how worthy and effective the Skyterra 'experience' is structured nor the extent of my 'nourishment' in body and soul from my two-week stay. It will be weeks before I can assimilate it all...

Room tip: The individual cottages worked best for my needs and personal taste.
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers! We loved having you visit our program for two weeks! What a magnificent gift to yourself! We look forward to you returning! In health, sue