All reviews life changing weight loss strength training fly fishing each guest healthy eating chef michael fitness classes week stay eating habits mental health hilton head health activities offered rejuvenating experience stand up paddle boarding connect with nature physical limitations
Reviewed February 5, 2018

I just finished a week at Skyterra, and what a wonderful week it was!

The staff were top-notch -- they were warm and welcoming, experts in their fields, and provided the right mix of group vs. 1-on-1 instruction -- very hands-on with a personal touch, which made me feel that I was important.

The program was diverse, covering physical fitness, nutrition, mental well-being and health. There were many classes each day -- both active (I was doing something) and instructive (I was learning something). There was no push to "do it all," but rather to participate in the classes that made sense for me, and at my pace. And when I didn't want to do something? I could chill out in a number of places, including by the lake and/or waterfall on the property (both shorter hikes).

The meals were great, with 3 chefs on staff. All meals were made with fresh ingredients that provided the right balance of nutrients, and portioned to meet my needs based on my level of physical activity and metabolism.

The accommodations were great -- I stayed in a lodge with 3 bedrooms for 3 guests. Each guestroom was private, with its own full bathroom. I found the bed very comfortable. The shared space included a great room, dining room, kitchen and laundry.

I learned a lot about each aspect of wellness, and discovered that I have room to improve in all areas -- physical fitness, mental well-being, and nutrition, and that by doing so, I can improve the quality of my life. Now, I am working on incorporating what I learned in my day-to-day life.

I also learned the importance of stepping outside my comfort zone and being open to new experiences -- I was carried to places I never thought I'd venture!

• Trip type: Traveled solo
6  Thank Howard S
Sue C, Owner at Skyterra Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2018

Hello and thank you so much for reviewing our program! We enjoyed having you visit for a week and we are thrilled that you had a magnificent experience! We look forward to your continued success at home. In health, sue

Reviewed January 22, 2018 via mobile

We found Skyterra to be first-rate, personalized, and fun! The accommodations were great. As a couple we could have stayed in our own cottage, but we opted to share a house with two other people. Each house had a golf cart for transportation, although we had a rental car or walked. I wish we had known that bathrobes were supplied as we had unnecessarily brought our own.
The food was very good and we were able to watch some cooking demos. They were very accommodating with special food requirements. It was all organic, no refined carbs, lots of protein. We were able to get all the recipes.
Besides three meals, the days were broken up into 5 activity blocks where we could choose among 2-3 activities for that block of time. These included various intensity exercise, education, and meditative activities. There is hiking, a swimming pool, and lake.
The staff members are personable, knowledgeable, helpful, and always were available for one on one consultation. It felt like we were part of a family. We experienced a 24 hour power outage due to a storm and the staff didn’t miss a beat. They quickly improvised and the schedule continued as planned.
There was lots of planning for maintaining progress once back at home. It is amazing that we could enjoy documented changes in one week. We have done pretty well at home. We have maintained our new eating habits. We wish we had stayed for two weeks instead of one to further solidify new habits. We think two weeks would have been optimal.

Date of stay: September 2017
Sue C, Owner at Skyterra Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Hello, it is so nice to hear from you and thank you for sharing your feedback! We will definitely include in our communication to our future guests that we provide robes! We appreciate you telling us as packing robes can take up a lot of unnecessary space! We hope to see you and your wife again soon, and this time, stay for two weeks! It's worth it! In health, sue

Reviewed January 18, 2018

I just returned from a wonderful week in skyterra. I wasn't sure of what to expect as it was my first vacation of this type. I really had a lovely time. It was relaxing and energizing. I exercised more than I ever have and enjoyed every moment. The staff were fabulous and were genuinely interested in each guest. The food was excellent and the dining experience was also very educational i.e. you could ask the chef any questions you wanted about the ingredients or preparation. The family and community environment really enhanced the experience for me, as I was there on my own. The location was also nice, especially if you just wanted to get away from the noise of life !

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Mairead M
Sue C, Owner at Skyterra Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2018

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback! We are so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at Skyterra Wellness! I'm especially happy that you came by yourself and that you felt such a strong part of our community! We strive to build a safe, nurturing environment! I'm also pleased that you enjoyed your culinary experience! Our chefs are the best experts in their field! I look forward to your next visit, In health, sue

Reviewed January 17, 2018

Sky terra incorporates every aspect of comfort, companionship, education, fitness, relaxation.....and on and on and on. It was an amazing experience. The 'cabin' I was in was absolutely gorgeous and furnished with luxurious linens; fluffy towels; coffee of MY choosing. The retreat is located in the mountains with well-marked paths, trails and hikes to waterfalls, etc. This is not a go, go, go kind of spa. It is what you want it to be--involve yourself in every aspect or just chill and relax. I can't say enough about the staff. I have never met such a personable staff! And very very educated too. I am not the most adventuresome when it comes to food and the chef accommodated me if there was anything I disliked. I was surprised that as picky as I am there were very few things I did not care for. I liked that Skyterra is not a huge 'fat farm'. It is a small group--15 when I was there--you got to know and bond with everyone and that just added to whole experience. I left there with a new outlook on life and the tools to make it happen. Thank you Skyterra staff.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank ElizabethK1693
Sue C, Owner at Skyterra Wellness Retreat, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2018

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Skyterra Wellness! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with other travelers! It means a lot to us that you were willing to take the time to describe your week at Skyterra. Keep up the fantastic work and we look forward to seeing you again soon. In health, sue

Reviewed January 15, 2018

I just returned from sky terra.. this was my second visit. It is so wonderful to be able to get away and rejuvenate my mind and body. The attitude and wisdom was reflected in manner in which I responded to positive suggestions concerning my life choices..I was gently assisted in completing a physical,mental and spiritual assessment.. the accommodations,food, classes were top of the line..the staff was so kind and helpful. I would recommend sky terra for anyone any age to come and reset and restore yourself in kind gentle comforting 5 Star experience..

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank janet s

Thank you so much for reviewing your most recent stay at Skyterra Wellness! We are so pleased that you are experiencing such amazing results! We love having you visit Skyterra and look forward to having you back again soon. In health, sue