“The best on the lake!”

Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2009

Good and unique menu! Extensive wine list. Do NOT judge from the outside - step into the ambience and eat!

1  Thank carterle

Reviewed July 13, 2009

You never know what to expect in a restaurant that advertises it's specials on a sign usually reserved for welcoming newlyweds to the local Holiday Inn, so without any review or recommendation we decided to give it a shot. It was the prime rib special that caught our eye, and I must say the whole family was favorably impressed. The decor was average at best, but the location (on the lake), the service and the food was enough to make up for lack of ambiance. What do you expect for a restaurant in a resort town in which many of the patrons were wearing shorts and t-shirts, yet the tables featured white table cloths? Besides the prime rib, the local trout was also quite tasty, and being one of the 'specials', was reasonably priced. Would definitely come back here for another go around, next time in town.

2  Thank westtexgeo
Reviewed May 14, 2009

My wife and I have eaten at the Point of View many times and we have always been served great food with wonderful service.

1  Thank lakelure
Reviewed January 25, 2009

We have a second home in Lake Lure and have dined here many times. The view, if you are here before dark, is wonderful. The interior decor is lacking. But if you came to eat then you are going to be satisfied. The food is good. Sort of reminds me of going out to eat with my parents and grandparents after church on Sunday to the place that never changed. Prime Rib, Trout specials are good and reasonable. They have an "earlybird" for the " snowbirds". Now, if you like escargo...and really like garlic...order the escargo appitizer and sponge up the garlic butter with the bread!! Ummmmm. I can almost taste it now!
Reasonable prices on specials. And usually open, even in the winter! (sometimes difficult to find much open, especially on Mondays). I should give extra points just for being open!

1  Thank Sun_and_Rum_Lover
Reviewed June 28, 2008

Upon recommendation of a local shop owner, we visited Point of View on Tuesday, June 24. We are in our 50's, and brought our two sons, both in their 20's. We were very impressed and had excellent service. Even though it was not yet dinner time, we were able to order from the dinner menu. My husband thought he escargot and mountain trout were excellent. I had the chicken parmigiana which was lightly breaded and very tasty, Our sons enjoyed their meals also. We enjoyed the view of Lake Lure from our window. We only wished we lived closer so we could eat there more often. (We're from Florida)

1  Thank JoansTroom