“Average dinner”

Ranked #5 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Best part for the restaurant is that it has a beautiful scenic view of Lake Lure. Service tends to be slow and you can easily be neglected. The food is very average, nothing memorable taste wise, and there is no food plating, just dumped and/or poured on the plate. The decor is very bad 1975 cafeteria and in desperate need of refurbishing. Pricing is average moderate levels.

1  Thank Bill M

Reviewed August 9, 2012

The food and service were great. Everything is homemade including the salad dressing. The bread was amazing and the trout delicious.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were fortunate to get a table by the window at Point of View on a Tuesday evening in June. Unfortunately this puts you in the line of fire of the setting sun so be sure to bring your sunglasses. The service was very good and the crab stuffed mushroom appetizer was excellent. My wife had the trout special and I had the prime rib. Both were fine, but nothing special. Not sure we'd return given other options in the area that we have not yet tried.

3  Thank Augusta_Chuck
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The food was chicken . The chicken needed seasoning, it was very bland. I also had the Key Lime Pie, did not meet my taste

Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to finally try Point of View for the first time. We have lived in the Chimney Rock and Lake Lure area for a few years. So we decided to join them for dinner last Sunday.
First off as soon as we walked in the place smelt musty. The decor was something my great grandmother would have appreciated but not my generation.
The menu stated that their filet of beef was "grade a", what?! Grade A means nothing when it comes to beef! I laughed when I saw that! For the price I assumed it was a USDA Choice cut of beef. I proceeded to order their "grade a" beef with the addition of their peppercorn sauce. The house-made seasoning on the filet tasted like an Old Bay spice designed for shrimp, it was discusting. So I cut off the entire outside of the filet and only ate the middle. It was not USDA Choice but USDA Select (for $30!!!). The peppercorn sauce tasted like A1 with whole peppercorns, gross! The vegetables were frozen then microwaved, enedible. The sweet potato was over baked.
The music was distasteful! I heard a Fergie song and a Beyonce song(really for dinner??)!! It did not fit in with the musty 60s feel.
The entire staff their looked absolutely miserable!! Not a single one smiled! They really looked like they hated their job. Or maybe the water damamaged and moldy ceilings were making them as ill as I was getting.
In conclusion the only thing pleasant about our experience was the wine, each others company and the view.