“Delicious”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
charleston, sc
“Delicious”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

The food and service were great. Everything is homemade including the salad dressing. The bread was amazing and the trout delicious.

Visited August 2012

Augusta, Georgia
“Good, not Great”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We were fortunate to get a table by the window at Point of View on a Tuesday evening in June. Unfortunately this puts you in the line of fire of the setting sun so be sure to bring your sunglasses. The service was very good and the crab stuffed mushroom appetizer was excellent. My wife had the trout special and I had the prime rib. Both were fine, but nothing special. Not sure we'd return given other options in the area that we have not yet tried.

• Visited June 2012
3 Thank Augusta_Chuck
Aiken, South Carolina
“Food did not meet my taste”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The food was chicken . The chicken needed seasoning, it was very bland. I also had the Key Lime Pie, did not meet my taste

Visited July 2012
“Great view, disappointing food.”
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to finally try Point of View for the first time. We have lived in the Chimney Rock and Lake Lure area for a few years. So we decided to join them for dinner last Sunday.
First off as soon as we walked in the place smelt musty. The decor was something my great grandmother would have appreciated but not my generation.
The menu stated that their filet of beef was "grade a", what?! Grade A means nothing when it comes to beef! I laughed when I saw that! For the price I assumed it was a USDA Choice cut of beef. I proceeded to order their "grade a" beef with the addition of their peppercorn sauce. The house-made seasoning on the filet tasted like an Old Bay spice designed for shrimp, it was discusting. So I cut off the entire outside of the filet and only ate the middle. It was not USDA Choice but USDA Select (for $30!!!). The peppercorn sauce tasted like A1 with whole peppercorns, gross! The vegetables were frozen then microwaved, enedible. The sweet potato was over baked.
The music was distasteful! I heard a Fergie song and a Beyonce song(really for dinner??)!! It did not fit in with the musty 60s feel.
The entire staff their looked absolutely miserable!! Not a single one smiled! They really looked like they hated their job. Or maybe the water damamaged and moldy ceilings were making them as ill as I was getting.
In conclusion the only thing pleasant about our experience was the wine, each others company and the view.

Wilmington, Massachusetts
“Average but nice view”
Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I had LUNCH (not dinner) at the Point of View. My wife had a Patty Melt ($5) and I had the Mushroom bacon Swiss Burger ($6). We both had soft drinks and got out under $20. The view of Lake Lure out the Window was very nice but not spectacular. The restaurant was clean but a bit run down. Service was prompt and courteous. We didn't have the opportunity to try their dinner menu, but the prices appear pretty high (not unexpected since the restaurant is in a resort). My own feeling is that the prices are a bit high for the general condition of this older restaurant. I was happy with the lunch menu however. They also appear to have a groundhog (woodchuck) which comes to the door looking for a handout. Maybe they trained it to do so to amuse the patrons. Cute!.

• Visited June 2012