“Relaxing Getaway”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lake Lure
Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure
Reviewed April 7, 2014

My husband and I stayed in Tall Oaks Cabin on March 24-27, 2014, and had a wonderful time. The cabin was very cozy and clean, the bed was very comfortable, and we loved the feeling of being away "from it all." Kerrie was a gracious hostess and provided us with information on things to do in the area and with delicious breakfast treats. She also made reservations for my birthday dinner out and got us a great table. We enjoyed exploring the Lake Lure area, a day trip over to Asheville, zip lining, and I got my birthday wish for a bit of snow! We plan to return to Lake Lure and to Arbor Cabins.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SunniSouthCarolina
Arbor_Cabins, Manager at Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2014

I am so happy to hear that your that you enjoyed your birthday weekend. Larkin's on the Lake is a great local restaurant and they have a beautiful view of Lake Lure. Your weekend here in Lake Lure was filled with snow, sunshine, and adventure! We hope to see the two of you in the near future and don't forget you get 15% off your next vacation for being a second time guest! See you soon, Kerri

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My husband surprised me with a romantic night in the Magnolia cabin at the Arbor Cabins. He had actually planned for the Valentines weekend, but due to the weather, he had to change the plans - and the management was very accommodating with the change. Kerri met us in the parking lot, walked us to the clean and cozy cabin, showed us all the amenities and how to work everything (fireplace, hot tub, etc). She also provided us with several suggestions with great places for dinner. We ended up at Medina's and were not disappointed. The hot tub on the private deck was enjoyable, candles provided as well as a great night for gazing up at the stars, very peaceful. We slept great, in the comfy, king size bed. Having a full kitchen was nice, we enjoyed cooking the complimentary eggs, which went well with the homemade apple cinnamon bread and apple butter that was also provided. We will definitely consider coming back for a nice weekend of R&R again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JWelfare
Arbor_Cabins, General Manager at Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

It was great to finally meet you and your husband! He worked so hard to keep it a surprise for you. :) The weather was perfect for your weekend getaway, I do hope that you were able to enjoy our local walking and hiking trails. Medina's is one of my local favorites the atmosphere and food is always welcoming. We do hope to see you again in the near future and remember you get 15% your next vacation with us for being a second timer!

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We had a wonderful time this weekend in the mountains. We did the Gorge Zip Line and the hike up Chimney Rock. The weather could have been a bit better, but everything else was wonderful. Kerri truly makes you feel at home and goes the extra mile to make sure you have a wonderful stay. She even was able to get our zip line adventure moved last minute. The Pumpkin bread Kerri provided was incredible and we cooked in every night to enjoy some quiet time to unwind. This was my first cabin adventure and we will be booking again with Kerri soon. The location for walking to the village was wonderful and the Flowering bridge is a must see and a great photo op!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Arbor_Cabins, Manager at Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Yes, the Flowering Bridge is awesome! It's great to know that the two of you enjoyed your vacation, the Gorge Zip Line is amazing not to mention the views at Chimney Rock. I was thrilled when you called yesterday to book your 2nd vacation with us. Please let me know if either of you have any special request for your upcoming mini vacation and I will be emailing you this week with some new hiking trails. It's getting chilly so don't forget to pack warm clothes! See you in a few weeks!

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I cannot say enough about the wonderful experience my husband and I had at Arbor Cabins in Lake Lure, NC. You feel like you are at your home away from home. The cabins are tucked away in a private tree scape and there is a cozy pavilion you can have a picnic at or roast smores in the evening together. Your cabin is very spacious one bedroom one bath for the Hickory Cabin, you have a nice sitting area, a bistro table, full kitchen and full bath. Very private back porch with a hot tub to relax after climbing to the top of Chimney Rock. Kerri is a sweetheart and truly goes the extra mile for her guests. She had everything arranged and took the stress out of all our planning. She had our tickets to Chimney Rock ready for us, Amazing warm Apple Nut Bread for us to enjoy, made reservations for our Anniversary dinner at Point of View (which by the way go very casual to, no need to go through all the fuss of dressing up). You have to take afternoon naps under the ever so cozy big white blanket on the bed, I think that made one of my top 5 things. Arbor Cabins is our new must have, go to destination spot !! We can't wait to go back !!

Room Tip: We loved our Hickory Cabin, bring something warm to sleep in A/C works REALLY well
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

I truly enjoyed meeting the two of you. Y'all were a hoot! Yes, the AC works great and we are so happy you enjoyed the fresh bread and big fuzzy blanket. I know your last night we had an area wide power outage and I do apologize (that was way out of my control!) But do know that my offer of a complementary night on your next vacation with us is there. Take care and let us know when you are headed back to Lake Lure!

Reviewed September 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Tall Oaks Cabin at Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure this weekend and had a wonderful get-away! As one reader stated - it was "cute, cozy and convenient" and it truly was all of those things! Kerri was a gracious hostess providing us with fresh homemade peach jam, homemade bread and fresh eggs which were delicious!
We had a great dinner at Larkin's and just throughly enjoyed getting away for the night. I would definitely recommend these cabins for couples who need to escape for a night or a long weekend! it was one of the only cabins we could find that you could rent for a single night.
We'll definitely go back!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Leslie, we were so happy we could accommodate your last minute single night stay. The peach jam was delish if I do say so! The two of you will have to come see us during the Fall/Winter months and try our homemade apple-butter and experience some of Western North Carolina local apple orchards. I noticed that on your rating you gave sleep quality a four star, please email me and let me know how you feel we could improve the bed/bedding in the cabins as we are always looking for suggestions and thriving to ensure a pleasurable experience for our guest.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had a lovely 4-day stay at Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure. The property managers went out of their way to make sure we had everything we could have possibly needed. The cabin was nicely decorated with a small but perfectly-sized kitchen area, bathroom, robes, etc. Bed was super comfortable. Property is small and cabin did not have a mountain or lake view, but it is close to everything in Lake Lure. Everything from the reservation process, to the check in, to leaving was smooth. Property owners e-mailed us examples of local adventures we could go on and made sure we had up-to-date menus for a number of local restaurants. Would recommend this to others & would return.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

It's great to hear that you enjoyed your vacation with us. We are hidden in the trees just before town yet our retreat is quiet and convenient to everything. Come see us in the winter months and receive your 15% off returning guest discount.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I cannot say enough great things about Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure! Kerri was excellent at making sure everything was prepared just perfectly for our arrival! All of the little details that most places overlook were well thought out and makes this place a must stay for that weekend getaway! We will be stopping back by!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

We are thrilled that y'all enjoyed your time with us. We hope to see you again soon! Please know that we take great pride in providing all of our guest with excellent customer service. See you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Lure
Chimney Rock Inn
#4 of 4 in Chimney Rock
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
Riverside Lodge at Chimney Rock

Been to Arbor Cabins at Lake Lure? Share your experiences!