“Larkin's is a must.”

Larkin's On The Lake
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Tega Cay, South Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Larkin's is a must.”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

From the outdoor bar on the water to the inside dining room - dinner here is always a pleasure. A little hard to get in and out of by car, has a few boat slips too, but the location is very handy.

Visited July 2014

Irmo, South Carolina
“Food has gone downhill”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stopped in for dinner at an old favorite and the food was not good. The veggie burger was tasteless and my husband's chicken fingers were also not good. Beautiful view but the food was a shame.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Love the view.”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The best thing about Larkin's is sitting outside on their patio and deck with absolutely fabulous lake and mountain views. If you have a boat, you can dock at the restaurant. The food is simple, but good. They also have a pretty good bar.

Visited July 2014
Fleming Island, Florida
“Nice lunch with nice lake view”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Been coming to lake lure for many years and somehow I have not eaten at this location. Stopped in for lunch and not too busy so service very good. Split a one pound hamburger with my wife and she thought it was best burger she has ever eaten! Was good as we're the fries. Prices competitive for the area. Dinner menu looks real appetizing so will probably try dinner as well.

Lilburn, GA
“A Great Disappointment”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This was our second trip back to Lake Lure this year for vacation. We SO enjoyed Larkin's on the Lake last year I could have eaten there every day. Not this time. The first time we ate on the patio, even though it was very hot outside. The food was just average, not AWESOME like last year. But that is not my issue. Our waitress, who was young, just didn't care. She acted like she didn't want to be there and it showed. Ok, one down but we were going to try again. The night before we were to leave, we called in a take-out order. Now, this was a REAL disappointment, that has yet to be resolved. We ordered burgers, my husband said they were busy but folks it WAS July 4th weekend and I am sure they have handled crowds before. He said he could tell, the staff wasn't handling it well when he went to pick up our food but imagine our surprise, when you order a bacon cheeseburger and the bacon is raw? The fries that are always so good, are not cooked, as a couple who orders in a lot, we know fries suffer but... The burgers were so dry, you almost choked getting them down. My husband called Larkin's and spoke to one of the managers who told him she would comp our meal, that they were swamped and everyone was overwhelmed. That was July 5th and guess who forgot to comp our meals? Yes, they are getting a phone call. Will I go to Larkin's again if we go back to Lake Lure? I'll have to think about that as it may be a case of a young waitress who really didn't like her job and a restaurant that is a staple in the area that needs to take a step back and do what they do best, as it was where I wanted to eat first when I got to Lake Lure. I would rethink unless I read recent reviews before going as we have a very bad tasted in our mouths at present. All I can say is, this is not the norm. Maybe we hit an off week...

2 Thank lizzisforevermom