“Great dinner, excellent service...”

Larkin's On The Lake
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great dinner, excellent service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

We came in a bit late but had an excellent dining experience at Larkins....my friend and I both had fish....Salmon for me and trout for her and they were both exceptionally fresh and tasty. If you go full boat with appetizers, drinks and dessert you could easily drop $65-70 per person. We shared an appetizer and it was plenty....will return ....

Visited October 2013
Lewis B, Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
SCNoogie,

Thank you for coming in. No matter how late it is, we serve our guest the same way we do at any other hour of the day and are pleased you and your friend enjoyed your fresh seafood dishes.

Please come back soon,

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
“A Must-Have If You're In The Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had a perfect experience at Larkin's on the Lake. It was Halloween, my boyfriend and I's anniversary. We walked in and were seated promptly, in a nice little corner with a spectacular view of the lake as dusk turned to night. Our server was dressed as star trek, which I thought was adorable.

The food was amazing. My boyfriend got a perfect prime rib, and I the crab stuffed shrimp. Their spinach artichoke dip isn't super creamy like other places, but it was really yummy, some of the best I've ever had. Even the rolls were perfect.

Our server, the aforementioned trekkie, was also perfect. Our water glasses never got less than halfway full, he checked on us plenty of times but not enough that we felt he was stalking us.

Our drinks were extremely boozy, and extremely delicious.

Amber,

Thanks' for bringing your date in on Halloween and it's good to hear you enjoyed your service, food and beverage. Please join us again the next time you're down from Charlotte.

Thanks' again,
Rochester, New York, United States
“Nice Local Scenic Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

The food was very good, but the true enjoyment was sitting on the outside deck and enjoying dinner with the lake and mountain view. The server was attentive even though busy. Seemed to be popular with the locals. Always a lot of cars in the parking lot.

Larry,

Thanks' for the review and I'm glad you got to enjoy our spectacular view from our deck here at the restaurant.

Hope to see you back soon,
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food! Great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

The food and service at Larkins was simply awesome! We will definitely be stopping there again when we visit Fairfield Mountains at Lake Lure. It was my husbands birthday and he was made to feel like royalty....

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Edna P
Lewis B, Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Edna,

My staff and I are happy to hear your husbands birthday was a great experience with us. Thank you for the nice compliments and we look forward to seeing you on your next stop in.

Dayton, Ohio
“Yummy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2013

We spent a week renting a cabin up the road and found Larkin's on one of our explorations. So good. The service was friendly and gave us some good tips on stuff to check out in the area. My husband had a "cup" of she crab soup that was to die for . It was a huge serving... can't imagine what the bowl would look like. Very enjoyable lunch sitting lakeside!

1 Thank MaryCherryMuffin
Lewis B, General Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Mary,

Glad you found us on one of your explorations. Thanks' for the compliment on our She Crab Soup, it is amazingly good!

Thanks' for the review,