“Food great”

Larkin's On The Lake
Ranked #3 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Greenville, North Carolina
“Food great”
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Had a party of 8. The hostess was wonderful, waiter was good until the checks came. He confused a few things and let his frustration show a bit, but all in all pleasant place to eat & will come back.

• Visited April 2013
Lewis B, Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Tigerfan 1997,

Thanks' for choosing Larkin's to dine with your guest. Sorry about our servers confusion, we have identified the confusion with the server you spoke about and coached him on not letting his emotions show in front of the guest. So glad to hear you will return and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Thanks' again for your business,

Belmont, North Carolina
“A good place to eat, relax and unwind.”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After 100 miles on the bike, we were ready to take a break, eat and unwind. My wife and I chose to go downstairs and sit by the lake. What a great view of Lake Lure. We were promptly greeted and seated. A server was there within minutes who was extremely nice and polite and took our orders. The food was served within a reasonable amount of time and prepared just the way we wanted it.Good food, great service and breathtaking views of the lake. Do yourself a favor and check this place out, you'll be glad you did. Some may call it a bit pricey, but compared to the other places in Lake Lure it's well worth it..

Mike,

Hope you enjoyed your bike ride (we have such a beautiful area for a ride) and thank you and your wife for stoppiing in at the restaurant. I appreciate your nice comments about the excellent view, service and food here at Larkin's and you are so kind to recommed us to others. We look forward to seeing you on your next ride to the area.

Asheville, North Carolina
“Nice spot, disappointing food”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My wife, our adult son, and I ate at Larkin's on the Lake for lunch this past week. We were directed downstairs (upstairs closed for lunch, apparently). The reviews I'd read were somewhat mixed, but I knew it would be nice to have lunch with a view of the lake while visiting the area. The view was nice, and the service OK.... but the food was very disappointing. I had a crab cake sandwich. The portion of crab was dwarfed by the utterly nondescript bun.... I didn't even bother eating half the bun. My son had a hamburger with the same boring bread - and even the hamburger was so unappealing that he didn't finish it - and it appeared to be a pre-packaged burger with artificial grill marks on it. Let's see... the fries were good.

We had meals at a number of good restaurants while in the Asheville area... for lunches and dinners. The cost of lunch at Larkin's was similar to what we'd paid for dinner at a couple of places in Asheville - where the food was far superior (Nine Mile, Sunny Point Cafe, and Wicked Weed).

2 Thank jbird1213
Lewis B, Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
jbird1213,

I want to sincerley apologize for the disappointing experience that you and your family had on your visit to our restaurant. Further, I want you to know we value your feedback and are looking into the quality issues you pointed out and will make the necessary changes, if needed, to correct them. Please ask for myself or another member of management the next time you're in so that I/we can introduce ourselves to you and ensure that you and your family/friends have a quality experience.

Thanks' again for the feedback,
Mims
“Larkin's is not to be missed (upstairs restaurant)”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The restaurant is classy and the food is gourmet quality, prepared perfectly. Such a nice surprise! The chef makes the pecan encrusted salmon a delight to the taste buds. The creamy risotto is to die for...........awesome!

Visited March 2013
Gayle,

Thank you for the kind comments about our food and atmosphere. We put a lot of work into making our restaurant an excellent experience for our guest and appreciate the positive input.

We look forward to see you soon,
Mineral Wells, West Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really good!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Crab Soup is wonderful!! They have an interesting tradition where patrons can write on a one dollar bill and tape it to the wall.

Visited April 2013
Mineral Wells,

So happy to hear you enjoyed our She Crab Soup. I'm bias, however, I've tried other restaurants She Crab soup across NC and SC and I think ours is the BEST! Further, the dollar bills on our walls are a great pass-time (they love to read the different messages on them) for patrons enjoying our restaurant and hopefully you got yours up so you can show your friends the next time you're in.

Thanks' for your business,