“Beautiful view. Great dinner”

Larkin's On The Lake
Ranked #4 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 12, 2013

After a day of exploring the Lake Lure area we decided to go off and enjoy dinner. After reading reviews here we decided on Larkin's and it was really good. I made a reservation, based on a recommendation, and we got a beautiful table upstairs where we could see the view. (They got really busy so if you want to sit near the window call ahead) Our waitstaff was very nice and happily took a few pictures of us. The dinner was really good. My husband enjoyed the ribs a lot and I had three appetizers for dinner. The scallops are delicious and were cooked perfectly. We took our dessert to go because were were stuffed. Oh, I highly recommend the pecan pie. It was soooo good later with a glass of wine. When we go back to Lake Lure we will definitely go back and enjoy dinner.

Lewis B, Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2013

Glad you chose to visit our beautiful area and thank you for choosing to come to Larkin's for dinner. Our desserts are great and I often sample them myself (yum!!). Looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We got into the Lake Lure area late sunday afternoon. After driving around, we got a little hungry and saw this place by the lake. Because it was off-season, we got a table by the window looking across the lake.
My wife odered the porterhouse with a blue cheese and something coating. I made the mistake of ordering the WHOLE rack of baby back ribs. The mistake was in ordering too much. The ribs were phenomonal, nice smoky flavor with just enough sauce. Very tender, very tasty, not dry at all, as I have found them elsewhere. I just could not stop eating. My wife's steak was also huge, and she wisely took some in a to-go box.
We made our choices from a menu that would do a Dallas high end restaurant proud. Steak, chops, salmon, trout, and varieties of preparations. We took quite a while to decide.
Their selection of wines and beers is also to be appreciated. I like to try the local breweries, and the waitress made a wonderful recommendation to complement my ribs.
When I go back, I will try to remember to order the smaller portions.........aaah, who am I trying to kid? Every plate I saw go by was artfully prepared and inviting. And the bouquet of each passing dish made us hope we had chosen wisely. We did, but just too much.

1  Thank carl_yakabowskas
Lewis B, General Manager at Larkin's On The Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Carl,

Thank you for deciding to stop in and give us an opportunity to serve you and we are glad you had enough to eat (I'm bias, however, I think we have the best bbq ribs around). Also, thanks' for the comment about our beer and wine selections; we analize our selections each year to ensure that we offer a variety of excellent options to our guest. Please stop in the next time you're in the area and enjoy another great meal.

Thanks for the review,

Reviewed February 28, 2013

We ate here in the offseason and stopped in just as they opened - 11:00am.

Food was above average and priced reasonably. Since it was February, we could not eat outside, but I can imagine in nice weather, it would be a very enjoyable place to eat.

The walls are plastered with $1 bills that people wrote messages on and posted on the wall as a momento of their visit. At first, I thought it to be a nice schtick, but the massive amounts of defaced money started to make me a little ill.

I would definitely go back here in better weather to enjoy the scenery.

Paul,

Thank you for visiting our restaurant and I'm sorry the weather was not good enough to sit outside, however, spring is just around the corner and we would love to have you back in to enjoy the dinning experience from the outside. Please come back and visit us soon and thanks' for the review!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We ate downstairs on the deck overlooking the water. It's off season so it was very peaceful. The food was average, nothing to brag about. The staff was friendly.

cMac,

I'm glad to hear you had a peacful experience and enjoyed the view at our restaurant; we appreciate your comment on the food not being up to your expectations and will monitor this area to continue to make improvements to exceed guest expectations in the future. Please join us again soon so that we can have another opportunity to win your business.

Thanks' for the review,

Reviewed February 22, 2013

The view of the lake is is perfect from this location. We had dinner our first night in upstairs dinning room, we had a table by the windows, the service was friendly and professional and the dinerr was cooked perfectly. We returned the next and had a light meal in the bar the next night where the food was just as good as the view.

Dave,

Thank you for patronizing both restaurants (Larkin's On The Lake and Bayfront Bar & Grill) and taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed both experiences. Please come back and visit us soon; we look forward to seeing you!