“Excellent...”

Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 1, 2014

We loved the food...the service...the view.
The cusine is just the best...if you don't stay at the Lodge you
must eat at TreeTops!

3  Thank dinnerand

Reviewed September 1, 2014

The food was great in a small intimate surrounding. Staff very knowledgeable about the food and made great recommendations. This was the best food that we had while visiting the lake.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We chose Tree Tops based on the ratings here on TripAdvisor....and there were no disappointments. We asked for a table outside on the deck, which was beautiful. There were four in our party and there were nothing but raves. For an appetizer, I had the Bison Wonton served with a colorful slaw. (See pic) For the main course I had the fresh trout seasoned and sautéed to perfection and served with seasoned young zucchini and rich mashed potatoes...wonderful. Not too much, just the perfect serving size. (See pic) Our waiter was knowledgeable and into the healthy food lifestyle himself. My wife had the pork tenderloin....super tender and flavorful. For desert I had the meringue cake (excellent) and my wife had the bread pudding. She rated it as the second best she has ever had. See pics of both deserts. We especially enjoyed meeting Horst...the proprietor.

Highly recommended...we'll be coming back.

PS: We did not stay at the Lodge but based on the improvements to the lobby and lounge, it looks like we will try it on our next visit to to Lake Lure.

2  Thank Gene H
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

I can't rave enough about the food. I had the shrimp creole with andoile sausage in top of grits, pork tenderloin so tender you can cut it with a fork, and the best bread pudding I've ever had. Tyler was our server and was very attentive. Great attitude, very polite, great smile! View is gorgeous and great value for the cost. So much food I could not finish my main course! I recommend this gorgeous bed and breakfast highly.

1  Thank sherrib35
Reviewed August 26, 2014

A family member had dined here the week before, and HIGHLY recommended it. They have a small menu, but everything we tried in my party of 3 was very good. Our son was with us, and we just ordered a meal for him as well. (We didn't ask if they could do something different for a child.) The service, wine, and 3 course meals were all great! The trout and salmon were exceptional. Definitely don't miss the bread pudding or carmel cake!