TripAdvisor
Lake Lure
Post
Inbox
Search
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2014 via mobile

We needed time away an got just that. From July 10-13 was so great we didn't want to leave. The Tiki Bar is to die for...service an food. The room was nice and very clean. Weather was great but best of all we made new friends and reconnected with some old friends that we had not seen in awhile. The biggest plus is that we will be going back in October an counting down the days.I would like to thank each an every staff member including the office manager for a wonderful visit an the fresh coffee every morning.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 2, 2014 via mobile

Although the hotel is quite date, it is a perfect location. The room was clean. The pool and Tiki bar is right on the river. Its a perfect spot for a river swim! The ride over is beautiful, as well. We will stay there again. Hopefully, they owners will update the motel some day soon.

Date of stay: August 2014
3  Thank GeahC
Reviewed August 30, 2014 via mobile

This isn't the Sheraton. Don't expect four star accommodations here. It's a cheap venue for a weekend getaway. The rooms need updating but this place is a diamond in the rough. It's got a pool, tiki bar, and river out back. You can swim all day for the price of a mixed drink.

Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank BreeNormandin
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Me and my husband recently visited the area and decided to go down and check out the tiki bar.!! The bar staff was an absolute hoot making out visit very nice! Talked to us about the history and all there is to do in lake lure and surrounding areas! 2 bartenders in mind were renee and sierra! They were born and raised in the area and had so much information about it! We felt very welcome by the two of them. Very nice ladies. Always were so attentive to us and never had to wait for anything! We decided to go and have some dinner and came back and as soon as we walked in we were greeted with a smile and didn't even have to tell them what we were drinking they automatically made what we had been drinking hours before hand! In my 35 years of restaurant experience I would say awesome memory to them both even remembered out names! Loved renee and sierra! We will be back to see you!! ♡

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank 002jessandbrad002
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My husband and I with our three children stayed at the Geneva on 7/12/14 and was supposed to stay two nights; however, after a long day of swimming and playing in the river we tried to go to bed but much to our dismay we discovered a ton of bed bugs when we pulled down the blanket. Live ones crawling all over the pillows on both beds. When we informed the man at the front desk he got offended and said "don't use the bug thing on me, we have exterminators here every two weeks". So my husband came back to the room and we took a video and photos of the bed bugs and he has the nerve to say they were some other type of bug, really! It was 11pm and we had no where to go, we had three crying little girls who were scared and didn't sleep at all; not that I can blame them. Additionally, the pillows are SO thin, beds are disgusting, broke toilet paper holder, no microwave, no micro-fridges, no phone or phone book, no wi-fi and no cell reception. At this point I am calling everyone I can to report this place.

• Trip type: Traveled with family