“We chose the right place!”

Cedar Creek Riding Stables
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were on vacation staying in Lake Lure at a cabin rental. My two teenage boys had never ridden before (other than pony rides as children) and we thought it would be fun to go horse back riding. Well, we chose the right place! You know a woman runs this place and runs it well! Everything was very well organized and as clean as a horse stable can be. The staff was very nice and they know the horses and their personalities well. The area we rode in was a bit wet, lots of recent rain, but the horses handled it well and it was very pretty. Our trail guide was really nice and he went just the right pace, he even stopped half way through to check everyones saddle and horse. They have one and two hour trail rides, we did the one hour and it was perfect. My horses name was Jack, he was a huge, jet black sweetheart. There were restroom facilities, but I did not use them. Enjoy!

3  Thank DelrayBeach_FLChris
"stream"
"safety"
"length"

Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a terrific experience. My Grandson just turned 7 and he was thrilled to go on the trail with a big horse. While vacationing in a nearby cabin, I managed to get my jeep stuck in gravel and could not move. Howard actually left the business, followed me back to the cabin and pulled the jeep out of the mud and gravel. When I tried to pay him for the inconvenience, he refused. There are some very special people in Lake Lure and one of them is the owner of Cedar Creek. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Joanne & Family.

2  Thank Joanne G
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I were staying at a cabin a couple of minutes from Cedar Creek Riding Stables and stopped by to fish and gem mine. We fished for about an hour and caught two fish (a sunfish and a bass). We also bought a bucket of rock to gem mine for entertainment. We had a great time and the people here were very friendly. On Thursday evenings they have entertainment, S'more roasting, and family fun nights if you call ahead and make a reservation. Next time we come back we will definitely go horseback riding!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our second attempt at riding as a family. Our first experience in Newport Rhode Island was a disaster. We decided it was time to try again. So glad we did! The guides were really aware of the horses and their personalities. They matched the horse to the rider perfectly. The ride was beautiful and the horses seem happy and well cared for. The guides were helpful and knowledgeable. A pleasure for all of us. We are a family of 4 (2 kids 12 & 16)

1  Thank Woska4
See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My eight year old daughter and I needed something to do while my husband played in a golf tournament on Lake Lure. We saw a brochure at our resort for horseback riding at Cedar Creek Stables. From the moment I called to make a reservation until the time we drove off the lot of Cedar Creek, the experience was excellent. My daughter got very nervous before we went on the ride and started to cry. The staff immediately made her feel safe and they chose a pony that was gentle for her to ride. They put her right behind the tour guide and talked to her the entire time. By the time the ride was over, my daughter wanted to either take her pony (Little Bit) home or live at the stables with the horses! This is a MUST do while staying in the area. The women who run the stables are top notch. We will definitely return again and again!

2  Thank Duckyhm