“Wonderful Experience”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

What a terrific experience. My Grandson just turned 7 and he was thrilled to go on the trail with a big horse. While vacationing in a nearby cabin, I managed to get my jeep stuck in gravel and could not move. Howard actually left the business, followed me back to the cabin and pulled the jeep out of the mud and gravel. When I tried to pay him for the inconvenience, he refused. There are some very special people in Lake Lure and one of them is the owner of Cedar Creek. Thank you, thank you, thank you. Joanne & Family.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Joanne G

Burlington, North Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Gem Mining and Fishing”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My husband and I were staying at a cabin a couple of minutes from Cedar Creek Riding Stables and stopped by to fish and gem mine. We fished for about an hour and caught two fish (a sunfish and a bass). We also bought a bucket of rock to gem mine for entertainment. We had a great time and the people here were very friendly. On Thursday evenings they have entertainment, S'more roasting, and family fun nights if you call ahead and make a reservation. Next time we come back we will definitely go horseback riding!

Syosset, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Day”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our second attempt at riding as a family. Our first experience in Newport Rhode Island was a disaster. We decided it was time to try again. So glad we did! The guides were really aware of the horses and their personalities. They matched the horse to the rider perfectly. The ride was beautiful and the horses seem happy and well cared for. The guides were helpful and knowledgeable. A pleasure for all of us. We are a family of 4 (2 kids 12 & 16)

1 Thank Woska4
Charleston, South Carolina
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Best Experience of our Trip”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My eight year old daughter and I needed something to do while my husband played in a golf tournament on Lake Lure. We saw a brochure at our resort for horseback riding at Cedar Creek Stables. From the moment I called to make a reservation until the time we drove off the lot of Cedar Creek, the experience was excellent. My daughter got very nervous before we went on the ride and started to cry. The staff immediately made her feel safe and they chose a pony that was gentle for her to ride. They put her right behind the tour guide and talked to her the entire time. By the time the ride was over, my daughter wanted to either take her pony (Little Bit) home or live at the stables with the horses! This is a MUST do while staying in the area. The women who run the stables are top notch. We will definitely return again and again!

2 Thank Duckyhm
Ramseur, North Carolina, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great family outing”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This was our first try at a trail ride. I personally am very nervous around horses, but my daughter really wanted to go here. So I went reluctantly but was really impressed with the staff's concern for everyone's safety as well as their enjoyment. I really enjoyed the ride & was actually surprised at myself. They also have a small gem mining area as well. We found several small gemstones such as rubies and amethyst. We definitely will be returning again.

1 Thank Margaret H