“Good eats, great staff”

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: BBQ, Burgers, American
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This smokehouse is located right across from the beach at Lake Lure so if you didn't pack a picnic, this is the place to go. We ordered for a family of 8 and the bill came to $50 not including drinks, which seemed very fair. They had a kids menu which worked out great for the 4 hungry little mouths we had to feed. Very friendly staff, though the meal took a bit before it got to us. They also provide take out if you want to grab your grub and take it back to the beach.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

We ate the Sunday buffet for breakfast- it was down home good breakfast! We went at 8 and had no trouble getting a seat or being served. Great view. Just a nice little hole in the wall! Was great for my husband and I but would also be good for a family with kids!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Been eating breakfast here for months since moving to area. Can't speak to BBQ but hear it's great. Get a scrambler. I always steered away from dishes like this but now I am hooked. The best egg dish I've ever had. Can only eat half with a griddle toasted biscuit. And, the owner/hostess is a hoot.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

We took a ride up to Chimney Rock, and asked around for the best BBQ joint in the area. Someone suggested the Lake Lure Smokehouse, so we stopped in a little past lunchtime (to avoid the crowd), and found it to be a pretty good place for a touristy type of eatery. My companion had the pulled pork lunch special, and I had the quarter white meat chicken (both juicy & flavorful, with great sweet potato fries). I was impressed with the six (very tasty) hush puppies that came with it, but the cole slaw was rather bland (no carrots, and no hint of sweetness). But, it was reasonably priced, the folks working there were nice, and it's right across the road from the lake. A good place to stop for a leisurely meal.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We dropped ourselves into this little restaurant towards the end of their lunch shift and sometimes that's not a good thing to do with a BBQ restaurant, but this one didn't disappoint. We enjoyed hearty sandwiches and plates and even had to ask for a To-Go box.