“just ok”

Description: BBQ, Burgers, American
Greer, South Carolina
“just ok”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food was ok, but the service is quite slow. Plan on being there a while if there is any crowd at all. They cant quite seem to keep it together if there is any more than 2 or 3 at a time.

Visited September 2012

Stanfield, NC
“Breakfast”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had the most delicious breakfast here the day we left. They give you so much food, I couldn't even eat it all. It was true down home cooking as well.

Visited September 2012
Clayton, North Carolina
“Good breakfast value”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I had breakfast here. Was referred by the staff at the Lake Lure Inn. They give a 10% discount to Lake Lure Inn guest. The food was good. The value was very fair. The service was fast.

• Visited August 2012
Whitsett, North Carolina
“Took way too long”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

The food was good and pretty tasty, at least for breakfast, but it just took so long, I think I waited over an hour for one order, and about 45 minutes for breakfast. And this was just one order, just a burger and then eggs and hashbrowns, not an order for a whole family.

Visited July 2012
“Totally disappointed!”
Reviewed August 15, 2012 via mobile

We visited Lake Lure Smokehouse on a previous vacation, and fell in love with their ribs. They were by far the best ribs I have ever had. We made a special detour on our vacation this year to have lunch here again. Upon our arrival we discover that they no longer serve ribs! What is a smoke house/BBQ place without ribs?? I asked the waitress about the change of menu and she explained the took them off due to a slow winter, and loss of money. I completely understand, but then they should have put them back on when tourist season resumed. I explained that the only reason we made our hour detour was in fact for these ribs. She proceeds to tell me that this happens all the time! My unvoiced question: then why not serve your ribs??? Either way, we were already there so I ordered a burger she recommended and my husband had a pulled pork sandwich. The burger was terrible, I've had better at McDonald's... My husband said the pulled pork was okay. We left with the understanding that we would certainly never have to make another detour to visit lake lure smokehouse again. Very very disappointed. I have told several friends of the awesome ribs I had had here, such a shame....

1 Thank Denise L
Tim T, Owner at Lake Lure Smokehouse, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Sorry you were dissapointed. I would be too if I drove out of my way to get a favorite meal and it wasn't avalible. I am also sure anything else I got to replace the ribs would not be suitable.

We served the best (most expensive) ribs avalible. Some days we would sell out of ribs and some days we would not sell even one rack. We do not serve leftover ribs. If we did sell leftover ribs they would be like other restaurants ribs and would not have been your favorite. So it's a matter of cost. As I am sure you have noticed your groceries bill is very high - restaurant groceries bills have gone way up also. Can't aford to waist ribs. Our profit margin is so slim it's hard to stay in business as it is. Again I'm truly sorry, they are my favorite too!

Tim Turner, Owner