“Unusual Dinner Menu”
Review of Huckleberry's - CLOSED

Huckleberry's
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The History of Huckleberry's Lake Lure In the early mornings of high school, you could find Michaila in the kitchen at Huckleberry's Lake Lure stirring up all kinds of "goodies." In April 2012, she began serving a full breakfast and lunch menu six days a week. By May 2013, Michaila had hired an Executive Chef, Jim Camillo, to join her in bringing you the restaurant's fine international cuisine. She also expanded to seven days a week in the Lake Lure Season. In December 2014, she opened another location in Tryon, NC, "Huckleberry's Tryon." The Tryon facility took off so fast and furious, that in May 2015, Chef Jim and Michaila closed their Lake Lure location and moved to Tryon full time.
Crossville
“Unusual Dinner Menu”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We entered an almost full restaurant expecting delays after reading previous reviews. We were pleasantly greeted by our waitress, Amber who promptly seated us at the last table. She immediately accepted our order for tea & soda. My wife ordered the fried green tomatoes while I had the house salad. Both were excellent and the home made thousand island dressing was very complimentary. My wife ordered a Fruit & Nut pasta (penne) which she thoroughly enjoyed and I had the Blacken Chicken & Shrimp over penne. It was perfect for my taste, but if my wife ordered this dish she would have asked for a little less spice. With a full house the service was slow, but Amber was very pleasant. kept us informed and the food was very good.

Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Clifford,
Thank you for joining us on a sold out memorial day weekend. We appreciate your patience, during our busy times. And it was wonderfull to hear you enjoyed our homemade, made to order dressings and food.
Please remember all those who served in the armed forces.

Paris, Canada
“Great food and entertainment”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

The food was excellent and our server, Debbie, was very helpful and humourous. You could tell she enjoyed her job and was very people friendly. Her stories about the bear nearby were worth remembering. The restaurant is not very big and reservations are recommended. Baked goods are prepared fresh on site and a market garden provides fresh veggies. All in all, a wonderful experience and we would love to return again.

Visited May 2014
Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Goodmorning Canada,
Yes we have a Huckleberry Bear, that frequents our property almost every night, and some nights he is a real trouble maker. He loves our fries and quiches!
Thanks for stopping in while you were in the US and have a safe trip home.
western ma
“great find”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

Unpretentious restaurant. We went here for breakfast and then for dinner. Our breakfast waitress was unsure but got direction when needed - it was her first day! Our dinner waitress was seasoned and very able. Food here is very good. The restaurant is small so reservations are advised. If we had been in the area longer we would have come back.

Visited April 2014
Hello OLD neighbor,
We are from Western MA as well! Doesn't Lake Lure look like Otis, Litchfield or Lee Area.
We just love it here in NC thou. No Snow or Ice like back home!
Please have a safe trip home, and I am so glad that you got to try our food while you where here.
Pataskala, Ohio, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“a treasure in the mountains.”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was traveling with three of my nieces and we drove pass on our way to our cabin. We thought the name was great, so we went for breakfast the next day. Being used to southern cooking, we found the food there just like we were at grandma's house. Our waitress Ms. Kathy made our visit a pure pleasure. She did not try to rush us and she was indeed very pleasant. We returned for the second visit while on our way home. The inside reminded you of home instead of a restaurant. If I ever return to that area again, I will plan on stopping in.

Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Hello Lena, It was a pleasure to serve you and your family while you were on vacation. Ms Kathy and the rest of my staff are amazing, if I may brag. Please come back the next time you are in time, in the mean time, thank you for helping spread the good word about us.
Mississippi
“Awesome staff didn't turn us away at 15 mins till close!”
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We attempted to eat at another local restaurant...luckily they turned us away at 8:15. By the time we made it around the curvy roads and back to Huckleberry's it was 8:45. The restaurant closed at 9pm and we asked if they had any carry over that we might could order quickly. Not only did they accept us, but they allowed us to order from the full menu and prepared it while we waited.

The waitress Amber #2 was a delight...it is always a pleasant experience when your waitress enjoys her job.

The food was wonderful. I had the chicken Cobb salad and let me tell ya...it was fantastic. The ranch dressing was homemade and I'm a firm believer I could have eaten my flip-flop if it were dipped in that ranch dressing!

This is an old house, turned into a quaint restaurant. It isn't over the top fancy, but rather, humble and well maintained. I'd recomment this restaurant to anyone in the Lake Lure area.

Morning Friend,
So great to hear you made it in for dinner. We are open 7 days a week 8am till 9pm or last person served. One of things we do try each day is to achieve a high level of customer service, I am glad to hear that we succeed with your group the other night.