“great find”
Review of Huckleberry's - CLOSED

Huckleberry's
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The History of Huckleberry's Lake Lure In the early mornings of high school, you could find Michaila in the kitchen at Huckleberry's Lake Lure stirring up all kinds of "goodies." In April 2012, she began serving a full breakfast and lunch menu six days a week. By May 2013, Michaila had hired an Executive Chef, Jim Camillo, to join her in bringing you the restaurant's fine international cuisine. She also expanded to seven days a week in the Lake Lure Season. In December 2014, she opened another location in Tryon, NC, "Huckleberry's Tryon." The Tryon facility took off so fast and furious, that in May 2015, Chef Jim and Michaila closed their Lake Lure location and moved to Tryon full time.
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Unpretentious restaurant. We went here for breakfast and then for dinner. Our breakfast waitress was unsure but got direction when needed - it was her first day! Our dinner waitress was seasoned and very able. Food here is very good. The restaurant is small so reservations are advised. If we had been in the area longer we would have come back.

Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Hello OLD neighbor,
We are from Western MA as well! Doesn't Lake Lure look like Otis, Litchfield or Lee Area.
We just love it here in NC thou. No Snow or Ice like back home!
Please have a safe trip home, and I am so glad that you got to try our food while you where here.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

I was traveling with three of my nieces and we drove pass on our way to our cabin. We thought the name was great, so we went for breakfast the next day. Being used to southern cooking, we found the food there just like we were at grandma's house. Our waitress Ms. Kathy made our visit a pure pleasure. She did not try to rush us and she was indeed very pleasant. We returned for the second visit while on our way home. The inside reminded you of home instead of a restaurant. If I ever return to that area again, I will plan on stopping in.

Hello Lena, It was a pleasure to serve you and your family while you were on vacation. Ms Kathy and the rest of my staff are amazing, if I may brag. Please come back the next time you are in time, in the mean time, thank you for helping spread the good word about us.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

We attempted to eat at another local restaurant...luckily they turned us away at 8:15. By the time we made it around the curvy roads and back to Huckleberry's it was 8:45. The restaurant closed at 9pm and we asked if they had any carry over that we might could order quickly. Not only did they accept us, but they allowed us to order from the full menu and prepared it while we waited.

The waitress Amber #2 was a delight...it is always a pleasant experience when your waitress enjoys her job.

The food was wonderful. I had the chicken Cobb salad and let me tell ya...it was fantastic. The ranch dressing was homemade and I'm a firm believer I could have eaten my flip-flop if it were dipped in that ranch dressing!

This is an old house, turned into a quaint restaurant. It isn't over the top fancy, but rather, humble and well maintained. I'd recomment this restaurant to anyone in the Lake Lure area.

Morning Friend,
So great to hear you made it in for dinner. We are open 7 days a week 8am till 9pm or last person served. One of things we do try each day is to achieve a high level of customer service, I am glad to hear that we succeed with your group the other night.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Absolutely super food, set in an old country house off a winding country road. Our server was Ms. Amber2, and she did a great job. The restaurant does not have a liquor license, but welcomes your BYOB and will provide glasses etc. The lamb, steak and veal have all been absolutely superior. Locals frequent this place.Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Hello Steve, Glad to hear from you today. Yes we are a BYOB restaurant and that is a wonderful advantage to our customers from a savings point of view. I will send your compliments along to Chef Jim regarding his dinners.
Have safe travel home.

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Loved this quaint little restaurant. Reminds me that there is still good service and wonderful homemade food - if you know where to find it. Our server Kathy was delightful and very efficient. I will be recommending this place to everyone!!

Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Morning Angel,
We are just a short drive from Hendersonville, so we hope to see you again soon. I will pass onto Kathy, that you enjoyed her friendly service. Be safe this summer.