“Home Like Atmosphere - Sophisticated Menu”
Review of Huckleberry's - CLOSED

Huckleberry's
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The History of Huckleberry's Lake Lure In the early mornings of high school, you could find Michaila in the kitchen at Huckleberry's Lake Lure stirring up all kinds of "goodies." In April 2012, she began serving a full breakfast and lunch menu six days a week. By May 2013, Michaila had hired an Executive Chef, Jim Camillo, to join her in bringing you the restaurant's fine international cuisine. She also expanded to seven days a week in the Lake Lure Season. In December 2014, she opened another location in Tryon, NC, "Huckleberry's Tryon." The Tryon facility took off so fast and furious, that in May 2015, Chef Jim and Michaila closed their Lake Lure location and moved to Tryon full time.
Canisteo, NY
“Home Like Atmosphere - Sophisticated Menu”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I had a most pleasant meal and visit at Huckleberry's restaurant. Don't let the name fool you. This is a restaurant has a unique/sophisticated menu with healthy choices and a very tasty plate.

We visited when we were staying at the Wyndam resort. Having to drive by each day we noticed that the establishment was busy nearly every day it was open.

I ordered the Chocolate Macadamia Nut Crusted Pork Chop. Yes, that's right. Macadamia nuts and chocolate blended together and hand presssed onto a pork chop. Excellent. The plate came with Tortellini and squash as sides. The combination may sound strange, but it was superb!

My wife had the Mediterranean Jumbo Shrimp Saute'. She was delighted by her meal as well. Service was very attentive and true to the Blue Ridge Mountain air. :)

It may be of interest for you to learn that this restaurant was started by a 16 year old entreprenuer. Michaila has a passion for cooking starting at a very young age. Encouraged by her mom she started the restaurant and attended Johnson & Wales to study Culinary Arts (her mom is an alumnus). Her (their) proficiency shows in the product that they deliver. By the way... thank you Mom for your great conversation and insight that night. We thoroughly enjoyed the visit!

When in Lake Lure... be sure to check out this fine establishment. Highly recommended.

• Visited October 2013
Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for joining us for dinner. Especially glad to hear you enjoyed our wait staff that evening. We have just released our new fall menu, so I am glad to hear that you were able to try it out and some of our new menu items.
Good luck in your house hunting, and I am sure you will return to the lake area soon, its a awesome place to reside and work.

“Great Food and Atmosphere”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My husband and I are staying at the nearby Wyndam Resort, so went here because it was so convenient. Loved it! I had the stuffed trout, which was served with a starch and a vegetable stack of roasted squashes, eggplant and tomatoes. Husband had the rib eye steak, which he said was just OK (he is very particular about his steak!). This was served with potato wedges roasted with onions and cheese. I chose the garden salad-mixed spring greens, walnuts, dried cranberries and a vinaigrette. I was a bit disappointed when I heard the server tell another table that this came with crumbled blue cheese as that was not offered to me, but it was still a good salad. My husband had a delicious white bean and ham soup. We passed on dessert even though another diner raved about the peanut butter pie. I enjoyed reading the story of the restaurant in a folder given to us with our menus--owner finished high school at 16, opened the restaurant, which I believe was only a bakery to start, and attended culinary school in Charlotte, being the youngest graduate of that program. I loved the homey feel of the restaurant. And always a nice feature at any restaurant - BYOB - no corkage fees. We are looking forward to having breakfast here on our way out of town and would go back if in the area again. The restaurant will start to offer outdoor seating in a couple of weeks.

• Visited October 2013
Dear Happy Traveler,
Thank you for joining us for dinner. The new stuffed trout on our menu seems to be one of our hottest selling items of late, so I am glad to hear you tried it and enjoyed it. Sorry to hear you passed on that Peanut Butter Pie, It also has been a good selling new item.
Please have a safe and secure trip home and stop back in again when you are in the area.
Apopka, Florida
“Wonderful country atmosphere and great food”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

You'll feel like you're visiting friends when you enter this restaurant. You walk right into the "kitchen". Sit down and relax while the friendly staff treat you like family. The food was really great...nothing fancy...just tasted wonderful. I definitely recommend Huckleberry's if you're looking for great food and a friendly atmosphere.

Visited October 2013
Dear Ms Florida,
Great to hear you joined us at Huckleberry's and experienced some of our home style service and home cooked food. We are a smaller establishment and try to make your dining experience very warm, welcoming, and comforting. Sounds like we achieved that here.
Please join us again, when you are in the area.
East Bridgewater, Massachusetts
“DE-LICI-CIOUS”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

WOW! This place was great. We ate breakfast here almost everyday during our week vacation. We also stopped here one night for dinner. One of the best restaurants we discovered in NC.

Absolutely suggest coming here, at least twice during your vaca. The staff are friendly, the place is cute - and don't forget to sit in the big rocking chair!!!

• Visited September 2013
Hello to my MA. Friends,
We enjoyed you coming each morning for breakfast. Even more so, I smiled that you got to sit at different tables each morning, (most of our regulars and repeat vacation customers, feel so much like they are in their home, that they all take the same table and the same seat every visit. So its great to see such diverse choices you all made in your five visits to us.
Thank you for your repeat visits and customer support. I appreciate your patronage.
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Suprise dinner of the week”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went to Huckelberry's because of it's convenience to where we stayed in Lake Lure, enjoyed our meal so much that we came back for lunch the following day. The coconut cake desert was so good we bought the entire cake. WE had the prime rib, it came out just as we ordered, med-rare, accompanied by the best mashed potatoes I have ever had. A must for dinner if you are in the area.

• Visited September 2013
Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear David-
Thank you so much for that great review, we are so happy, you enjoyed your main meals and dessert.
Appreciate that you also recommended our establishment to others.
Please come back to Lake Lure soon