“Awesome”
Review of Huckleberry's - CLOSED

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The History of Huckleberry's Lake Lure In the early mornings of high school, you could find Michaila in the kitchen at Huckleberry's Lake Lure stirring up all kinds of "goodies." In April 2012, she began serving a full breakfast and lunch menu six days a week. By May 2013, Michaila had hired an Executive Chef, Jim Camillo, to join her in bringing you the restaurant's fine international cuisine. She also expanded to seven days a week in the Lake Lure Season. In December 2014, she opened another location in Tryon, NC, "Huckleberry's Tryon." The Tryon facility took off so fast and furious, that in May 2015, Chef Jim and Michaila closed their Lake Lure location and moved to Tryon full time.
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This place is incredible.. Food, service,atmosphere. The whole package.
Baked Brie app is great, chocolate rubbed pork chop delicious. Wife had salmon and
Loved it. Casual atmosphere, quaint and overall nice setting. If visiting lake lure you should check
This place out. They also do breakfast & lunch which I'm sure is good too.

1  Thank Waterguy305
Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Big Pine Key,
Thank you so much for stopping in for dinner, we understand you have many culinary choices in the area, and we are glad you dined with us. We do serve Breakfast and Lunch daily, and our cook, Jackie does a wonderfull job on her omelets and crab cake sandwiches.
Please be sure to come back and visit us again.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

What a wonderful surprise to discover a restaurant close to the resort that serves breakfast. And, better than that surprise was the friendliness of the staff, the wonderful selection on the breakfast menu and the tastiness of the food. We were at Bald Mountain for a week and ate breakfast at Huckleberry's four times. We will definitely be back for breakfast in May and will make dinner reservations. My only suggestion is to have the wait staff become familiar with knowledge of the area. Out of town guests love to hear the local lore from a place as unique as Huckleberry's.

1  Thank 9Sue2013

Dear FLA guests,
It was great having you all each morning for breakfast.
Yes our facility, does have some neat stories, the home was built pre 1931. It is a generational Logan Family Homestead. The home is the original farm house, with the old well out in the back yard, (that is on our website) and the main red barn and two mini barns are still on the property today. One houses a local farm stand, and the other has been converted into a RV Resort Welcome Area.
Please come back in the spring and we can fill you in, on the rest of the details.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice, clean enjoyably atmosphere. Could tell from the menu not your ordinary cook in the kitchen. So if you are looking for a great meal, something a little different our group of four highly recommend.

Good afternoon,
Thank you for visiting Huckleberry's while you were in the Lake Lure area. Our menu is not the run of the mill menu and we encourage all customers to try our new fall menu that will be out Oct 1, 2013.
Again we appreciate your business.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I personally loved this place. Sooo good ate breakfast here 3-4 times while I was staying in bumbling bald resort as I wright this review I am sitting in hucks waiting for my last breakfast to come out before I head to the airport to go home to Boston. We also had dinner here last night I have the rib eye steak and I thought it was good. The price is right and the people are great cheryl was one of our waitresses and she was full of energy !!!! And the gental man that was there all week serving breakfast to was was awesome too I forgot his name :/ but if your in the area it's a def must hit !!!

Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Goodmorning Mr Boston MA-
Hope you all returned home safe and sound. It was a great pleasure to serve you and your family 4+ times in one week, I am so sorry that on your last morning here, "Your" table was not available, lol.
After reading some reviews, I run in the bathroom and cry, but its after I read ones like this, that make me smile. I do put my all into my business, and one goal I have, is to make everyone feel welcome and at home. And I know that if I have been able to retain a out of town guest, like you for more then 4 times, during a one week stay, and you have, called dibs on a certain table, that I must be doing something right!
I appreciate your business and giving me a chance to serve you all. I great enjoyed speaking with you all. Heather and Brian were your servers that week and yes, I agree they are very kind and good workers.
Have a great fall in New England, I miss MA.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I live near Huckleberry's and when my Aunt and Uncle came in town, my husband and I tried Huckleberry's for the first time by taking them to breakfast there. We all loved the food, atmosphere and service. The menu looks delicious for lunch and dinner as well and we can't wait to go back.

Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Teddy-
Thank you for trying us out for the first time. Glad to hear you enjoyed Jackie's cooking for breakfast, she makes great pancakes and omelets.
If you are returning for dinner, please remember to make reservations and also we do
offer BYOB. We look forward to having you return.
In Mid September we are starting a special for Local Residences. Information is being mailed out, or you can follow us on our web page and facebook. Local specials will be offered during, Wed-Fri Night Dinners. So please watch for that!