“Great breakfast”
Review of Huckleberry's - CLOSED

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The History of Huckleberry's Lake Lure In the early mornings of high school, you could find Michaila in the kitchen at Huckleberry's Lake Lure stirring up all kinds of "goodies." In April 2012, she began serving a full breakfast and lunch menu six days a week. By May 2013, Michaila had hired an Executive Chef, Jim Camillo, to join her in bringing you the restaurant's fine international cuisine. She also expanded to seven days a week in the Lake Lure Season. In December 2014, she opened another location in Tryon, NC, "Huckleberry's Tryon." The Tryon facility took off so fast and furious, that in May 2015, Chef Jim and Michaila closed their Lake Lure location and moved to Tryon full time.
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We had to leave real early this morning and Huckleberry's was open at 7AM. We had a great breakfast and the waiter was excellent. My sister and brother-in-law were leaving for Phoenix and we had a very pleasant experience here. Great jellies by the way.

Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for your early am visit. Yes we open at 7am. 6 days a week, but on Sundays it is 9am. I am so grateful to hear that your waiter, Brian was top notch and made your visit a pleasant one. Our jams are made locally for us and are great. You may also purchase the flavors we offer in house and many more flavors, next door at the Sullivan Farm Stand. The Sullivan's also sell local produce and sometime gourds and peanuts.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This little restaurant promises to be one of the best in Lake Lure. The chefs (3) are from the Culinary Institute and have come together to open this restaurant. It is charming, reminencent of the old farm houses, quaint and good food. We had breakfast there and it was delightful. The place was packed and everyone seemed to be enjoying their experience and food. Will definately go back, good service, charming and excellent food.

Hello, Thank you for visiting us this month. My mother and I are both graduates of Johnson and Wales University Culinary Program, but I have returned to further my education in baking and pastry arts. The next time you are in Lake Lure, please visit us for dinner. Wednesday thru Saturday 5pm-9pm
Please have a safe trip home.

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We ate breakfast here twice, it wAs delicious! Unique combinations. Only seats about 20 so make reservations for dinner, or large parties. No alcohol served but they encourage you to bring your own wine with no corkage fee.

Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Hello- Thanks for being a helper in spreading the word about our BYOB policy with no corkage and pouring fees. Also, the need to reserve a table for dinners, especially for larger parties.

Our facility seats about 36 people, but that is very tight, and we normally do have a waiting list of about 5-30 mins if you do not have dinner reservations on a Friday or Sat night in the summer months. Saturday morning is another busy time for us, where we normally run a wait for parties of four more.

We are trying to start a new outdoor "Exclusive Chefs Table" area, where we can accomodate more guests, so stayed tuned to our facebook page and website for news releases soon on that arrival.

Have a great summer! Thanks again for your support

Reviewed July 13, 2013

On a raining Saturday morning on the week the WNC article was new she had her wait staff call in sick. She did a great job holding it all together while smiling and greeting each customer. The breakfast was great - "HucPucs". The old house that now houses the café is very comfortable and well decorated. Unbelievable that someone of such a young age is able to run a café with such passion and patience. I have seen others fold when faced with unexpected obstacles. Great job Michaila, you will be vey successful. We will be back.

Goodmorning, Thanks for those pleasant words. I was basically up the creek without a paddle Saturday morning of this past weekend. Yes I had no wait staff (Thanks a terrible storm that came thru earlier that night and closed and washed out many local area roads) I did have my Chef and one great kitchen assistant. But no one for the dining room. So I apoligize for my appearance, being in chef cloths, waiting on tables. But I ran around like a chicken and I tried. Did not succeed at all tables, Had one customer swear at me, cause I had no skim milk in house and had one man snap his fingers because I was not fast enough, getting to his table, but then I had over 81 great, amazing, very understanding customers like your self between 7am and 12:20pm (till help arrived) that watched me run around, and gave me some support, while I tried to make it work.
Days like that are hard and fustrating, but like all business I do have them, and I keep plugging our way thru them. I have a wonderfull staff who supports my efforts, and I have even better customers, so with a little luck. I will make this facility work. We are over our 3 year hump, and they say if most small american business can make it the first three years, your success increase almost triples. So I will pray I am in those statics. And I have had a amazing growth rate of over 62% since April 1 2012. So I belive I am on my way. But not without your help and all my customers, so I greatly thank you all.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were staying in Lake Lure and have always enjoyed meals in converted old homes. Huckleberry"s was such an experience. We ate there for dinner--marinated flank steak and Mediterranean shrimp. The food was excellent as was the service. The restaurant is not large, but is pleasant and has a sizable menu..

Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Thank you for joining us for dinner that evening. We know you have many culinary choices in Lake Lure and are so glad you picked us Thursday evening. Debbie, was your waitress that evening, and I appreciate you commenting on her service level. Believe it or not , it was just her second night and are so glad she has joined our staff. I will pass the word along as well to Chef Steven that you enjoyed your Flank Steak and Shrimp dinners.
Please have a safe trip home, and we appreciate you taking time out of your day to write a review and help us grow and learn!