“Good Friendly Place to Eat”
Review of Huckleberry's - CLOSED

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The History of Huckleberry's Lake Lure In the early mornings of high school, you could find Michaila in the kitchen at Huckleberry's Lake Lure stirring up all kinds of "goodies." In April 2012, she began serving a full breakfast and lunch menu six days a week. By May 2013, Michaila had hired an Executive Chef, Jim Camillo, to join her in bringing you the restaurant's fine international cuisine. She also expanded to seven days a week in the Lake Lure Season. In December 2014, she opened another location in Tryon, NC, "Huckleberry's Tryon." The Tryon facility took off so fast and furious, that in May 2015, Chef Jim and Michaila closed their Lake Lure location and moved to Tryon full time.
Port Orange, Florida
“Good Friendly Place to Eat”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a good family owned place to eat for breakfast or lunch. We stopped for lunch and the food, atmosphere, and service were good. My wife had a quiche, and I had roastbeef club with bleu cheese. The pastries were execellent. We tried the apple-cinnomon muffin and pretzel brownie. A definite "go back to" place!

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank rjadja
d p, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
We thank you so much for taking time out of your vacation, to stop in and see us.
Your words of kindness help us grow and give great encouragement to us.
Please come back and visit again.
Huckleberrys

Naples, Fl
“A quaint, family owned and operated country spot, featuring home cooking”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

What a pleasant treat to fine this cozy country eatery. Fresh baked goods every morning.
Family owned and operated by a Johnson & Wales chef and her 2 daughters.
The young ladies are both into following their Mom's footsteps and do so really well.
Attention to detail is excellent.

The breakfast's are fresh and delicious and lunch specials are delightful.
Service is terrific. Cozy and friendly.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank labrador47
d p, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Thank you for visiting us at Huckleberrys
Knowing that you take time out of your time to comment on us is very comforting and supportive.
Please come back and visit us again real soon.
Huckleberrys
“Simple sandwich? Yes please!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Looking for a simple lunch? This place is great! I had a turkey avocado club and salad that was excellent! All types a bakery items to choose from including chocolate chip pretzel cookies, yum! We will visit again.

1 Thank Fdsnot
Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
It was a pleasure to have you both, and I hope your puppy enjoyed her homemade dog bones from our bakery.
Lake Lure
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I were in for breakfast! The place is adorable! The service was friendly! I went in for a breakfast sandwich and came out with several other goodies- it smelt so good in there I couldn't resist!! Can't wait to go back for baked goods for the holidays!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jessica B
Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for spending some of your vacation time with us.
We look forward to seeing you during the holiday season!
Montauk, New York
“Paper Plates!!!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

i was looking forward to a county breakfast in a little cabin, what did I find??-overpriced food on paper plates with plastic silverware!! I tried to get past that, hoping to find some baked goodies at the "bakery" portion-sadly misjudged that thought!! the cakes looked stale, the cookies were hard as rocks!!
Such a disappointment and don't recommend this place to anyone........travel into town

• Visited August 2012
5 Thank Pheobe G
d p, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for stopping in.
I am sorry to hear you had a terrible experiance with us.
Let me explain, why we have temporary plastic ware.
I appreciate you "working thru" our plastic plate and silverware situation. But at 17,
I am just starting my business, and I invest in new equipment as I go, being young I am a little short on start up cash. In NC it is a law, that I am required to have a commericial dishmachine ($3000.00+) hooked up to commerical electric and plumbing, in order to use reusable silverware and dinnerware. I have already purchased my flatware, and dinnerware, and have my materials for the electric and plumbing, I am now saving to install a used commericial dishmachine, that I have one more payment on, and then can hire a licensed person to install. in the meantime, the County allows us to be open with disposable products only.
Dear writer, I agree with you, I do not like it either, but its for your safety and sanitation health, so I perfer to use the disposable for now, untill I can meet all State and County regulations.
Again, thanks for working with us.
For anyone else reading this, if you are ever in my establishment please speak up while you are IN HOUSE and tell us of your dissatisfaction so I may correct on the spot and make your visit more acceptable. To the writer of this review, contact us via email, and we will refund your meals in full. As I see you are from NY and will probably not be in Lake Lure again soon.