“Great food, great service!”
Review of Huckleberry's - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The History of Huckleberry's Lake Lure In the early mornings of high school, you could find Michaila in the kitchen at Huckleberry's Lake Lure stirring up all kinds of "goodies." In April 2012, she began serving a full breakfast and lunch menu six days a week. By May 2013, Michaila had hired an Executive Chef, Jim Camillo, to join her in bringing you the restaurant's fine international cuisine. She also expanded to seven days a week in the Lake Lure Season. In December 2014, she opened another location in Tryon, NC, "Huckleberry's Tryon." The Tryon facility took off so fast and furious, that in May 2015, Chef Jim and Michaila closed their Lake Lure location and moved to Tryon full time.
Lake Lure
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I were in for breakfast! The place is adorable! The service was friendly! I went in for a breakfast sandwich and came out with several other goodies- it smelt so good in there I couldn't resist!! Can't wait to go back for baked goods for the holidays!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Jessica B
Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for spending some of your vacation time with us.
We look forward to seeing you during the holiday season!

Montauk, New York
“Paper Plates!!!”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

i was looking forward to a county breakfast in a little cabin, what did I find??-overpriced food on paper plates with plastic silverware!! I tried to get past that, hoping to find some baked goodies at the "bakery" portion-sadly misjudged that thought!! the cakes looked stale, the cookies were hard as rocks!!
Such a disappointment and don't recommend this place to anyone........travel into town

5 Thank Pheobe G
d p, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Thank you for stopping in.
I am sorry to hear you had a terrible experiance with us.
Let me explain, why we have temporary plastic ware.
I appreciate you "working thru" our plastic plate and silverware situation. But at 17,
I am just starting my business, and I invest in new equipment as I go, being young I am a little short on start up cash. In NC it is a law, that I am required to have a commericial dishmachine ($3000.00+) hooked up to commerical electric and plumbing, in order to use reusable silverware and dinnerware. I have already purchased my flatware, and dinnerware, and have my materials for the electric and plumbing, I am now saving to install a used commericial dishmachine, that I have one more payment on, and then can hire a licensed person to install. in the meantime, the County allows us to be open with disposable products only.
Dear writer, I agree with you, I do not like it either, but its for your safety and sanitation health, so I perfer to use the disposable for now, untill I can meet all State and County regulations.
Again, thanks for working with us.
For anyone else reading this, if you are ever in my establishment please speak up while you are IN HOUSE and tell us of your dissatisfaction so I may correct on the spot and make your visit more acceptable. To the writer of this review, contact us via email, and we will refund your meals in full. As I see you are from NY and will probably not be in Lake Lure again soon.
Greensboro, North Carolina
“OMG just stop”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for coffee and dessert today before heading home from Lake Lure. I am not much for sweets but the pound cake of the day blew my socks off. Hubby got a death by chocolate brownie with a chocolate chip center. I don't think I have seen him so in love with a brownie before today. As for the coffee, it was fresh brewed and delicious!!! If all this is not enough, the place is owned and run by a 17 teen year old young lady! She is a baking Julia Child! My only regret is that we did not get to try more of the fresh home made lunch and breakfast items. We will be back for more on our next trip!

Best of luck as you go off to Johnson and Wells for a new year. My husband and I will be waiting eagerly to try all of your new edible creations!!!

Oh, and by the way, the service was top notch and very warm, friendly...like you were part of the family.

2 Thank whiskmagic
Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you for your well wishes. I await your return and will have some more wonderfull items on the menu by then.
You can also mail order via email! Xmas is soon approaching!
Huckleberry's Owner
Durham, North Carolina
“Breakfast”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We ate breakfast here this past week. The pancakes tasted like they were from a mix, the hash browns tasted like they were cooked in fish oil and previously frozen, same with the sausage patties. The amount of huckle berry jam given was about a teaspoon and not enough to cover one biscuit and the coffee was terrible. The plates were styrofoam and the plastic utincils so cheap they bent when you tried to cut your food. Don't waste your money.

4 Thank S S
Huckleberry959, Owner at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
thank you for your critic, Huckleberrys
Salisbury, North Carolina
“Excellent Breakfast”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Came across this great little restaurant while visiting Lake Lure for a few days with friends. We had breakfast there and all agreed it was excellent (if you like French Toast, be sure to try their stuffed French Toast). We also visited the adjacent farmstand - lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as home made jams, jellies, etc. [it you want something different to bring to friends, buy a jar of the Kudzu Blossom jelly].

2 Thank Gene K
Huckleberry959, Manager at Huckleberry's, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
We are so glad that you found us.
Please stop in again, or tell a freind.
Have a safe trip home.