“Very relaxing & enjoyable!”
Review of Lake Lure Tours

Lake Lure Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover the beauty and charm of Lake Lure. Relax on one of our covered tour boats while your skipper guides you past local attractions and landmarks such as the locations used in filming the popular Dirty Dancing and the recently restored historic 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa. Listen to the legends, and learn about the natural and cultural history of Hickory Nut Gorge, home to Lake Lure, North Carolina.
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This was the 1st time I'd had ever take this tour. It was a very relaxing & enjoyable experience. Our tour guide was knowledgeable & kept everyone interested with his stories. I would definitely recommend this tour & will be doing it again next time I visit the area.

1  Thank tmshames
"worth the price"
"recommend it to anyone"
"north carolina"

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Lake Lure is a beautiful place to visit. When people come to visit, the first place I plan is a trip to Lake Lure. Always take the boat tour, everybody enjoys the ride. The guides give lots of history and interesting stories of the Lake and surrounding areas. The trip is about an hour. On a sunny day, there is no better place to be. I have taken the ride about six times over the past 4 years, always a good time.

3  Thank terrier310
Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you travel out to the Chimney Rock area you must go a little bit farther down to Lake Lure. This is a man made lake about 5 minutes from Chimney Rock. The water is delightful especially on a hot NC day. Take out a pontoon boat to drive all around the lake or pull a raft behind you like many do. Stop by Larkins on the water for a cold libation or two. Lake Lure is a great spot for the kids to enjoy being in the great outdoors and the views of the mountains are breathtaking.

1  Thank regent7
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We have been trying for a couple years to take this trip. We finally got to go on our 35th wedding anniversary. It was so informative. We are from about an hour away so we knew a lot of the history. Our guide was so nice and informative. The only negative was that we were on there with a lot of children and the adults did not seem to understand that they needed to have the children get quiet when the guide was speaking but that was not the companies fault. We would recommend it to folks who are interested in learning more about the Lake Lure, Chimney Rock area.

1  Thank Runie57
See more reviews
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I loved this relaxing boat ride so much the first time my husband and I took it that now every time my family or friends are in the area, we go again! Last week, despite the threat of rain my best friend and I took the one hour tour. The captain was very knowledgeable, as they all have been, and on each of the 4 trips I have learned something new! Perfect for kids and adults of any age.

4  Thank charlottepeg