“Bad Wedding weekend”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Lake Lure
Brooklyn, New York
“Bad Wedding weekend”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I went there with my boyfriend for a wedding in October. We came all the way from Brooklyn for my college friends wedding. The area was really nice. We aren't used to all the mountains. Wow like the roads were winding. There is a lake here but they lock it up like an army base. There was a beach also but thats locked up to. The lady at the bar said they lock everything so wedding guests don't drown. I think they should lock up the beaches in Brooklyn. We tried to rent a boat but they were only tour boats. Ones like your grandma would ride on.

The hotel was pretty bad. We stayed in this area that was like a motel. The rooms were Italian Cinder. As is my uncle could have made them. He's a mason. The rooms were cinder block. Not much charm, Inside the hotel the rooms were nicer but old.

What I can't figure is the place was pretty crowded but there really isn't any food. Don't all hotels serve food like breakfast and lunch. We own restaurants. We like to eat. The pizza place nearby we were told was't very good. On Friday we had to go into another town to a restaurant called medinos. The food was pretty good but not Brooklyn. They had a lot of the wedding people eating there. I think this is the lunch place. Angelo took me to Esmeralda Restaurant for dinner. It was quiet and romantic. I told Angelo I wanted to move our room here but he said that would be tacky. So we had a good meal like you can get in the city and then went back to the other place.

The bar at the 1927 hotel has this country girl working there. She acted like the boss. I think someone might find her funny but she didn't seem to interested in helping our group, now 8 get drinks. There were some locals like most bars. They seemed to get the attention.

The wedding was nice. Not so much the food. The bride and groom had a great time, The weekend was about them. But other than a really pretty area and one good restaurant for dinner Angelo and I spent a lot of money to feel pretty short changed. We could have gone out to the city. He got sick when we got home Sunday night

So Angelo says he'll help this place open up a restaurant that people might like as long as the owner can get him a boat to go on the lake. The fun park is out of business on the beach maybe i can help run that. No for now we'll stay in Bayridge.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the motel. If you have to go there make sure you get a room in the hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Angelo S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
Lexington, North Carolina
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Inn . The wedding was beautiful and everything my daughter wanted it to be. The staff and service was excellent. My daughters and I visited the Lake Lure Inn several times for a girls get a way and loved it. My younger daughter said she wanted to be married there long before she even had a boyfriend. Great experience for all of our friends and family.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor and every room was beautiful and spacious
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Natalie G
Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We spent 2 nights at your Inn for a wedding. What a beautiful location for such a special day! Your staff was very friendly. Taking the trolley across the street for the outdoor ceremony was a lot of fun. We had a wonderful weekend & have told many friends that The 1927 Lake Lure Inn & Spa is a must!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank bbons
Blacksburg, Virginia
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Unfortunately, my wife and I were unable to stay at your location due to my wife getting ill. We tried to cancel our reservation but we were told we needed to cancel 48 hours in advance. Most other hotels allow cancellation on the day of the stay. We were very disappointed in this policy.

Tim Rosche

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Tim R
Landis, North Carolina
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was in a wedding that was held at your fine resort. The staff was very friendly and accomidating from check in all the way through to check out. The grounds were beautiful and the rooms were clean and well maintained. We will be back for another visit for sure. Thank you for helping making a special weekend for me and my best friends one we will never forget... Looking forward to our next visit :-)

• Stayed November 2013
Minnesott Beach, NC
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Everything about The 1927 Lake Lure Inn exceeded our expectations! Our daughter and her fiancé chose this beautiful location for their wedding and reception; what a wonderful experience from booking this venue, the planning (a special thank you to Alyssa), the ceremony, the party and the accommodations. Our only complaint; the day went far too quickly!!
We would highly recommend this Inn for a weekend away or hosting a wonderful party!

Room Tip: We did not hear any concerns or complaints from our family and friends, 40+ rooms!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 21, 2013

The Lake Lure Inn looks nicer in the pictures online. No memorabilia of Dirty Dancing or about the celebrities anywhere. We went to see about renewing our vowels there in May. It was neat to see one time, but we don't care to go back. The bartender (female) was rude to us. The man who checked us out the next morning took forever, and was more concerned about eating his apple then helping us get out of there! Thank You!!

• Stayed November 2013
#1 of 3 in Chimney Rock
The Lodge on Lake Lure
The Lodge on Lake Lure
#1 of 3 in Lake Lure

Been to The 1927 Lake Lure Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!