“Excellent views and excellent staff”

Legends on the Lake at Rumbling Bald Resort
Ranked #7 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Rumbling Bald Resort's Legends on the Lake Restaurant is a full service, sports themed, family-friendly, neighborhood style restaurant. Providing a dining experience that will showcase fresh ingredients and flavors in a relaxed and fun atmosphere. With billiards tables, arcade games, 40 flat screen TV’s, and Movie Theater, there is something for all ages. Enjoy the handmade artisan pizzas which are made to order by our new award winning chefs. Come by land or by water to the new drive up dock. This restaurant is a staple of the Lake Lure community. With an emphasis on quality ingredients and house-made dishes, Legends on the Lake is sure to become your family favorite.
Reviewed July 6, 2013

I spent my Saturday afternoon on the terrace eating lunch and reading while my boyfriend played in a golf tournament. The view was outstanding, the food was excellent, and the staff was very friendly and made sure you had a great experience. I had the Lump Crab Cobb Salad which was outstanding and I ordered my boyfriend the BLT sandwich to go which he devoured after a long game of golf.

On Sunday, we had to check out of the resort by 10am but my boyfriend had the second round of the tournament. Lakeview was busier with their Sunday Brunch but the staff allowed me to sit again on the terrace while I waited for him to finish. While I did not eat they provided me with a glass of water and great conversation.

I wish we would have spent the money to eat dinner here one of our nights because I am sure the food would have been worth every penny spent.

1  Thank Holley Z

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We ate here for dinner while staying at one of the villas on the resort. We went without a reservation, and my daughter was adamant about wanting to sit outside on the deck. The hostess was as sweet as could be in explaining that they had a large party that had just come in and the kitchen was backed up. We agreed to wait anyway. The bar area is very nice, and the bartender was amazing! She even made our 8 year old a non-alcoholic piña colada. After waiting only about 10 minutes, the manager moved tables around and sat us outside with a beautiful view of the lake. In addition to the meal, the chef sent out tour table a complimentary appetizer that was very good. I ordered the veal. It was cooked to perfection. The staff and the food at Lakeview are top notch.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Friendly service and delicious options. We had the chef special Halibut and the delicious carrot cake. The view was beautiful.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

8 ladies for dinner. We always plan one night to dine there and have for the past four years. The food is always excellant as well as protions for price. Staff friendly as well as customers.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The view is lovely and food was great. We ate here for dinner twice and breakfast buffet. All was delicious.