“Best Mexican Chicken Soup anywhere”
Review of El Sureno Mexican - CLOSED

El Sureno Mexican
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I always order the soup, it's better than any I've ever had and I order soup in most Mexican restaurants since Mexican dining is not my favorite. I bet I've had 15 bowls of their soup over the past couple of years.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

This was our second visit to this restaurant in the past year. The food arrived at our table in a timely matter. The food on this return trip was average; the first time it was much better.

Reviewed August 2, 2011

We sought this place out based on great reviews on the internet. The food was just "ok", the margarita was a mix, the place, in general, was dirty (crud on, in, and around the tables). Two of us had "things" floating in our water and one piece of silverware had someone else's meal on it.
We went on a very hot and humid day and sat next to their window AC and sweated. I think we would have been better off sitting in their outdoor seating.
Service was good and the food was good.

Reviewed July 14, 2011

My son eats a lot of Mexican food at the many restaurants we have in our local vicinity. He came out of El Sureno and said, "Oh my goodness! That is the best Mexican food I've ever had!" He had the chicken fajitas. We stayed at the Four Seasons Cottages and this restaurant was right across the street--very convenient.

Reviewed July 11, 2011

I went to El Sureno with family on a Friday night, restaurant was almost empty. We picked a table outside because there were seven of us. We have eaten at this restaurant in previous years, and liked it. However, this time the service was so slow, it was basically non-existent. We had to go ask for someone to take our order and then we never got everything we ordered. When the food came, it was great, except for one person's - his was cold and not as menu described. Since the waitress never came back to our table to check on us, we had to take the plate of food inside to get someone to correct it. At least when it came back to the table it was hot and delicious. It is a shame, but I will most probably never go here again. Not worth the hassle.