“Monday Prime Rib Buffet!”
Review of Luna Del Sol

Luna Del Sol
Ranked #2 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bills Creek Rd.approx. one mile turn left on Buffalo Creek Road. 1/2 mile turn left on Whitney Blvd. Located below Apple Valley Market. A popular restaurant for locals and tourists for the past 10 years. Our family business reopens at a new/old location on Friday,July 1st. Serving our Italian/American family recipes and the best pizza in the valley.We look forward to serve you and look forward for your comments.
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We went to Luna Del Sol for their Monday Prime Rib Buffet. They feature the buffet just as soon as you walk in the door. This night, they had:
*Fresh Greens Salad
*Prime Rib
*Chicken Parmesan
*Salmon
*Butternut Squash
*Red Potatoes
*Apple Cobler, Chocolate and Lemon Cake for Desert

We chose to eat in the bar area which featured a very rustic, log cabin decor and seating. Our table overlooked the golf course and a nice view.

The Prime Rib was tender, moist, quite pink, but very good. The side dishes were all done with a little twist... the squash was cubed, sweetened with brown sugar and seasoned lightly. The desert was an apple cobbler where the apples were cooked with the skin-on. Different than the normal cobbler desert but still very good. Not too sweet and with the right amount of cinnamon.

We enjoyed the visit and would go back again. If you are hungry and like Prime Rib... Monday night is the time to go.

There are newer reviews for Luna Del Sol

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Was the only place open for dinner on Monday that was close to Rumbing Bald. Servers were congenial. This is a golf course restaurant so views were good.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Upon arriving in Lake Lure we headed to Luna Del Sol. We were by greeted by what turned out to be one of the owners! She made a big deal over my two boys who loved it. My son & ordered pizza and my husband had a fish special. The pizza was so good. Was leary to order pizza "down south" but glad I did. My boys said they wanted to eat there again so we returned the following night for the prime rib buffet. My goodness! My 13 year old had 3 trips to the carving station! Fantastic grouper and the 4 berry cobbler, out of this world! The grouper and cobbler were so good we returned there on our last night and I was so happy the grouper was on special and fantastic. We had specialized service by both owners. Wish this restaurant was in my hometown, because I would make it my regular dining spot.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

A group of five Michigan State University alumni families are staying on Lake Lure on vacation this week and have been to multiple restaurants in the area. I enjoyed the best salmon ever here! All of us had such a great dining experience with the very personal service, pretty décor and enjoying either our individually ordered entrée or the fabulous buffet with great pastas, fish, prime rib, homemade coleslaw, great sides and delicious desserts. Tina's homemade peanut butter pie is unbelievably delicious!!

1  Thank Connie E
Reviewed August 11, 2013

From the moment we walked in, we were captured by the interesting decor that has a lot of personality and many little details to enjoy and keep you entertained while you wait for your food... We were greeted by the owner and he and his staff's service was impeccable from start to finish. The food too was very good. While we kept it simple (Pasta, Pizza, Steak...), what we did order came out fast, hot and was delicious. Window seats overlook a beautiful view a rolling hilled golf course and there seems to be almost three distinct dining areas from "fun" under the vineyard terrace to the more formal dining room. We sat in the middle between both ends of the spectrum. While NOT a gripe, the music somehow didn't fit the space and style of the restaurant - but, we weren't here for the music. And, only other heads up: there didn't seem to be any special dietary alternative choices - if you needed them (Gluten free for me). Of all the restaurants we've hit in the Lake Lure area, this is our favorite so far... For the price, it beats the "other" Italian spot the hill :)

1  Thank Todd A