“So so” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Strada at Lake Lure

La Strada at Lake Lure
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian, American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: La Strada is a romantic Italian restaurant overlooking beautiful Lake Lure. Come visit us and surround yourself with plush mountains and a picturesque lake while you dine on our elevated covered terrace. Lake Lure received its name because it was said that the scenery and peacefulness lured you back time after time. We hope our rich family traditions and vintage recipes will have the same affect. In 1974 La Strada opened the first of several locations in Charlotte, North Carolina. Starting as a small family business specializing in New York style brick oven pizza and traditional Italian cuisine; word quickly spread about the great food and La Strada became a Charlotte favorite. After over 35 years of serving great food in Charlotte, La Strada and the original family members came to Lake Lure with their family recipes offering one of the most varied and unique menus in the area. There’s something special for everyone!
Lake Lure, North Carolina
“So so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We have been to La Strada twice now....once for pasta....once for pizza. The pasta dinner was acceptable. The pizza was good once we were able to convince the wait staff that the pizza we wanted...even tho not on the menu...was something any chef could make. All we wanted was half meat (for me) and half veggie ( for my wife). The wait staff insisted it couldn't be done. After insisting she ask the chef....it was done and done well. We will go back for pizza.....probably not fir pasta.

1 Thank goldenbear25

Clinton sc
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

After a full day of shopping and sight seeing we decided to stop at La Strada in Lake Lure, not to far from the cabin. What an extraordinary, delicious pizza. Made to your liking and our liking was loving, even better than a New York Pizza, which is very hard to beat. Very clean,quiet atmosphere overlooking the water. Staff was very friendly and efficient. We recommend to anyone traveling through or vacationing to stop in La Strada.You will not be disappointed.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Gale B
Vale, North Carolina
“My favorite restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

This is my all time favorite restaurant! I only get to come 3 times a year but I always enjoy the entire experience. No more expensive than a moderate steakhouse but so much more food for the money. It is a romantic place for couples, my husband takes me here for my birthday. No matter what if we are at Lake Lure or Chimney Rock, we will be at La Strada before our trip is over. We drive two and a half hours to come to this restaurant. Wish we lived closer. My son is 6 and says he likes to look at the mountain from the porch. I love to bring friends that have never been here before. If you love Italian food and have not been here you are missing a treat. I usually eat the salmon with sautéed vegetables and a side of pasta salad. Their cheese bread is like a cheese pizza. The first time, I was surprised by how much food was left over, and I was completely full. Friendly servers, excellent food, beautiful view, good feelings all around. The way our family ends our hikes at Chimney Rock. Fun!!

2 Thank Yvonne D
Asheville, North Carolina
“An unexpected pleasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014

On a quiet Saturday we went along with friends to Lake Lure to look around at the Marina and to try to find boats for sale. We were told that we had to try La Strada. We were seated in the bar area with a wonderful scenic view of the lake and the surrounding mountains. As it was cold, we could see ice on the mountain side. The service was quite nice and the menu looked wonderful. The food came out promptly. The portions were quite large and were delicious. We were so impressed that we made reservations to return on Valentine's. The menu for that night is quite impressive especially the price. I would highly suggest to take the trip to Lake Lure and try this restaurant. It is well worth the drive and the view will satisfy.

3 Thank jlwyatt1
North Carolina
“Another vote for "Consistently Good!"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

I live in the area and eat at La Strada several times a month year-round. They do a fine job. The pizza and "Americanized" Italian dishes are great, but the sandwiches, salads, and ribs are just as good. The service is friendly and attentive, and the view is one of the best in the area. In the moderate price range, you won't do much better in this area.

1 Thank MaxKNorthCarolina