“Great view, TERRIBLE FOOD”

La Strada at Lake Lure
Ranked #2 of 25 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian, American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: La Strada is a romantic Italian restaurant overlooking beautiful Lake Lure. Come visit us and surround yourself with plush mountains and a picturesque lake while you dine on our elevated covered terrace. Lake Lure received its name because it was said that the scenery and peacefulness lured you back time after time. We hope our rich family traditions and vintage recipes will have the same affect. In 1974 La Strada opened the first of several locations in Charlotte, North Carolina. Starting as a small family business specializing in New York style brick oven pizza and traditional Italian cuisine; word quickly spread about the great food and La Strada became a Charlotte favorite. After over 35 years of serving great food in Charlotte, La Strada and the original family members came to Lake Lure with their family recipes offering one of the most varied and unique menus in the area. There’s something special for everyone!
Simpsonville, South Carolina, United States
“Great view, TERRIBLE FOOD”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013

WOW, I read the comments on this resturaunt, and I was SO excited to go there with my 83 year old mother, my wife, and my daughter. Got to the resturaunt and it certainly appeared that everyone's comments were dead on, clean, somewhat friendly service, bartender had NO PERSONALITY AT ALL, so we ordered drinks waiting for our table, we were seated quickly, again everything appeared to be going well. Then we ordered an appetizer, shrimp appetizer, it was good, came with three different sauces, we enjoyed. waitress was pleasant, so we ordered, My mother got the egg plant parm with marinara sauce, HORRIBLE, could barely find egg plant, it was OVER COOKED, mostly spaghetti sauce and spaghetti, she was very disappointed, my wife and I ordered the pizza which everyone had said in there review was to die for, no cheese, no sauce, felt like all we were eating was bacon, and cut up pepperoni, VERY DRY, we would NOT recommend this place to anyone, unless you go just for drinks and the view, sad but true!

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Jim D

Asheville, North Carolina
“Good meal over the lake”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

We enjoyed an excellent meal together overlooking Lake Lure. Though I was expecting a restaurant devoted to Italian food, I was surprised to get one of the best hamburgers I've had in a long time. One of my dining companions raved about her quesadilla. La Strada has a very large capacity so service may be a bit slow, but the food was top-notch. The only complaints among us was that the parmesan encrusted shrimp was not as cheesy and crisp as expected; otherwise we were all quite happy with our experience here.

Visited November 2013
Plainfield, Connecticut
“Best Restaurant at Lake Lure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Great Italian food at affordable prices. Nice deck to enjoy your meal on with a beautiful view of the mountains and Lake Lure. Friendly, helpful people, great atmosphere. Not fancy, just great food.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rhonda H
Mooresville, North Carolina
“unexpectedly good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

we were sent to this restaurant and were not expecting such good food, excellent service. We ordered fish and Italian specials. We later wished we could return and order a pizza as they looked and smelled so delicious. We were on a camping trip and hope to get to this area again to do just that!

• Visited October 2013
Garland, Texas
“Good Food, Excellent Views”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

If I were rating soley on atmosphere and view I would give La Strada a five. The view is spectacular and the restaurant is nicely appointed. It was getting dark when we arrived for dinner and a bit on the chilly side for us, so we elected to dine inside. Even inside, the view was great.

We visited on a week night in October and were promplty seated. Our waitress was efficient and courteous.

The menu offers a nice variety of options. I ordered the eggplant and my husband chose spaghetti and meatballs. The food was good. The servings generous. For the area, La Strada is a very good choice. We very much enjoyed our dining experience there.

• Visited October 2013