“Would Absolutely Recommend”

La Strada at Lake Lure
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: La Strada is a romantic Italian restaurant overlooking beautiful Lake Lure. Come visit us and surround yourself with plush mountains and a picturesque lake while you dine on our elevated covered terrace. Lake Lure received its name because it was said that the scenery and peacefulness lured you back time after time. We hope our rich family traditions and vintage recipes will have the same affect. In 1974 La Strada opened the first of several locations in Charlotte, North Carolina. Starting as a small family business specializing in New York style brick oven pizza and traditional Italian cuisine; word quickly spread about the great food and La Strada became a Charlotte favorite. After over 35 years of serving great food in Charlotte, La Strada and the original family members came to Lake Lure with their family recipes offering one of the most varied and unique menus in the area. There’s something special for everyone!
Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is not the number 1 restaurant in Lake Lure by accident...the service was great, the outdoor setting was fabulous for this time of year, and the manicotti and lasagna were both delectable.

I would not, however, order a margarita here; they either have an untrained bartender, or he/she was having a bad night. It was awful. No biggie, everything else, including the sumptuous garlic knot rolls was well worth suffering through a bad drink!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This is a great restaurant with a terrific view of the lake. The waitress was excellent and we had a very nice lunch there. The help was very attentive and friendly. Would recommend this highly. J.C.

Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Had very good pizza and wings on Friday night for our friends arrival. To be able to spend quality time together we ordered and picked up our food to bring home. It was hot, on time, and very good. We all had a early dinner there on Saturday afternoon and the food was very good. The view from the outdoor patio of Chimney Rock and Lake Lure was wonderful. Service was perfect. 5 stars overall.

1  Thank JPK1954
Reviewed October 10, 2013

While visiting Lake Lure with Long Island friends, they recommended "La Strada" for pizza, and am I glad they did! Our waitress Tammy was very friendly and showed us to an outside table with a breathtaking view of the Lake. My husband put in a special request for a "BLT", not listed on the menu. This wrap order was professionally honored and came with a very generous portion of bacon. My white pizza with spinach and whole sliced tomatoes was the best I've ever eaten (and I'm used to "one and only" great pizza from NY!) Our friends said their extra cheese/pepperoni pizza and shrimp sandwich was also delicious. General manager Joe, couldn't have been more welcoming so I asked him to send my compliments to the chef. I would definitely return to this restaurant next summer, when we rent in Flat Rock.

2  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Visited La Strada at Lake Lure last Fall and had a wonderful dining experience. Food was wonderful (good helpings/reasonable prices). Going back next week to Lake Lure and looking forward to having dinner at La Strada again. Was recommended to my husband and myself for our previous visit and this time I am taking four friends. La Strada has a nice menu with a wide variety of selections.