“Fabulous place”

La Strada at Lake Lure
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Lake Lure
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Description: La Strada is a romantic Italian restaurant overlooking beautiful Lake Lure. Come visit us and surround yourself with plush mountains and a picturesque lake while you dine on our elevated covered terrace. Lake Lure received its name because it was said that the scenery and peacefulness lured you back time after time. We hope our rich family traditions and vintage recipes will have the same affect. In 1974 La Strada opened the first of several locations in Charlotte, North Carolina. Starting as a small family business specializing in New York style brick oven pizza and traditional Italian cuisine; word quickly spread about the great food and La Strada became a Charlotte favorite. After over 35 years of serving great food in Charlotte, La Strada and the original family members came to Lake Lure with their family recipes offering one of the most varied and unique menus in the area. There’s something special for everyone!
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Awesome view of Lake Lure and great food. I highly recommend the sweet potato fries with piña colada caramel dipping sauce. I love sweet potato fries, but these were definitely the best I've ever had. The boy had the Italian sampler and said it was great. We will be coming back!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

Working with Joe was a pleasure planning our daughters wedding reception at La Strada. He worked with me on changes & offered suggestions which were appreciated! Once we arrived the staff were immediately ready with our appetizers & drink orders- their performance was outstanding. Once the buffet was set up, Joe announced how we should proceed to the buffet- which I appreciated as I was still visiting guests - the food we chose was wonderful- our guests were very pleased with their meals. We appreciate all Joe & staff did to make this event a great one for our daughter & son in law! Again, the staff were awesome!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Hubby and I had lunch at La Strada, Lake Lure today (Oct. 18, 2012). The ribs were excellent, fall off the bone tender...John, our wonderful waiter, did a GREAT job. Food arrived right on time and tasted very good, John kept our drink glasses filled and we just sat back and enjoyed the view of Lake Lure. Each time we go to area, it's La Strada for us!!!!!! Wish we had one in Florida....

Reviewed October 17, 2012

We held our Rehearsal Dinner here and it was wonderful. The staff were extremely friendly and went out of their way to be helpful. When everyone is visiting from out of town, it's important for them to have a positive experience in an inviting atmosphere and this was successful on all levels.
We were on a budget and they managed to help me find the right balance of what food I wanted for our special event. The food was fantastic and there was plenty of it.
Excellent management and staff topped with tasty dishes from pizza to pasta made for our Rehearsal Dinner to be memorable, and all of us returning two days later to meet up and try other food.
Thank you so much!!!
Allison & Jack

Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I took a motorcycle ride from Sylva with friends, we knew what place we wanted to dine using tripadvisor, but the business sign on building was hard to see we had to drive up to make sure we had the right location. We all most chose Mexican located across from them. But glad we did not, the view from inside was not as great as from the patio but to chilly to sit outside. Heather was our server, she did a great job. "thanks Heather" we all had the special "Surf & Turf" It was awesome! Great food. The biggest hit was the hard rolls dripping in garlic and butter , WOW my mouth waters as I write this. We will return. Thanks La Strada