TripAdvisor
Lake Junaluska
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews beautiful lake annual conference conference center buffet style rocking chairs enjoyed my stay continental breakfast room was clean up to date great place to stay methodist auditorium worship accommodations fellowship renovation retreat
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2019

My husband and I stayed for two nights and enjoyed the Mountain Music Festival. This was our first visit at Lake Junaluska, and we were very impressed with the facilities, grounds, and the rooms. The lake is beautiful. Everything was great.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2019

You need signs directing the way to the hotel.. very difficult to find (especially in the dark). A sign for the front desk and unloading would be helpful. I've never seen a hotel this large that didn't have a restaurant or at least a coffee shop. There is no feeling of generosity - 25 cents for a plastic cup; $3 upgrade for hot breakfast bar; coffee runs out too soon; no bowls for the packaged oatmeal which sticks to the inside of the package because it is so old;
The room was very nice, very clean; the bed was very comfortable; the hotel is quiet, I slept very well. Beautiful setting.

Room tip: I don't know what this box is for....
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2019

The room was great. The biggest challenge was the very poor internet service. I also had trouble with the key to my room staying connected. I had to get it reprogrammed every day. But the room was lovely.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2019

During the past 50 years or so I have stayed at more hotels than I can remember. We stayed at the Terrace to attend the Smoky Mountain Folk Festival. The hotel accommodations were nice but average and convenient to the festival venue. continental breakfast was served from 7:30 to 9:00 am (08/31/2019). Continental breakfast was included with our package but was horrible. We arrived at 8:45 am and the continental breakfast was almost nonexistent. Server who was great, but overwhelmed, brought out additional muffins which were ice cold. No fruit juices were present. Coffee was good. My wife opted for the hot buffet which was to be an additional $3 (no big deal). We plan on coming to the festival next year but may search for breakfast elsewhere. Management was obviously not prepared to serve their guests properly. Chaos was the order of the day. My wife did not want me to write this review. However, if you don't point out deficiencies some things never change.

Room tip: Don't spend extra money for lake view.
Reviewed August 30, 2019

I use a manual wheelchair (my husband pushes me) and we are always looking for accessible lodging. The Terrace was a great find! The hotel and room (bedroom and bathroom) were very accessible. Even the balcony that overlooks the lake was easy to maneuver in a wheelchair. Just outside the hotel you can start your stroll around the lake. We didn't make it around the whole lake, but the portion closest to the hotel was flat making it very accessible and sitting by the water was very restful. My only complaint is that our room didn't have a roll-in shower - it had a tub with a shower bench which made showering difficult. I am a firm believer that all handicapped accessible rooms should have a roll-in shower with a bench and a handheld shower head.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple