“a little better than last time!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lake Junaluska
The Terrace at Lake Junaluska
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Lake Junaluska
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Well, I still don't understand how The Terrace Hotel can charge over $120 for a room. No microwave, no refrigerator. I did, however, get a decent view this time. I had to ask again and again if they had cancellations for front rooms because they had me booked in a back room. My friend got a back room and people walk by and look right in at you. I guess I was just a squeaky wheel because they did honor my request. Cyndi was most helpful. She signed me in at the welcome center and then was at the Terrace desk when I checked out. And one more thing: I thought they were remodeling. The rooms looked like they did before. The Terrace still does not deserve a "very good" rating. But at least it was a little better. Maybe next year!

Room Tip: Tell them you do not want a room on the back of the hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank freakingumby
lake_junaluska, Public Relations Manager at The Terrace at Lake Junaluska, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for your review. I have passed your concerns on to our Chief Operating Officer. I will pass on your compliments to Cyndi at the front desk.
Blessings,
Stephanie Drum, Marketing Manager

Reviewed July 3, 2012

I stayed for 4 nights and had requested a room with a lakeview. What I got was a room with a roof view. Yuck. Room was not very clean. Housekeeping did not even vaccuum the rooms. They would make the bed and a couple of times they changed the towels. At $125/night I expect more.

Room Tip: Stay some where else!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank freakingumby
lake_junaluska, Public Relations Manager at The Terrace at Lake Junaluska, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

freakingumby, we appreciate your feedback. I have communicated your concerns to my supervisor. Lake Junaluska is in the process of renovations, and we hope you can come back and visit soon.
Blessings,
Stephanie Drum, Communications Coordinator

Reviewed July 30, 2011

I often plan small group trips for friends several times a year. Since our family rents a home at Lake Junaluska each year, I decided to take a group to the Terrace Hotel for a long weekend. We were all pleased with our rooms, each of which overlooked the beautiful lake. The lake also has a wonderful walking trail around its perimeter. The rooms were not fancy (did not even include a hair dryer) but were clean and fairly spacious. At less than $80 per night, we were all well satisfied with the rates, as we have paid much more per night in other mountain resort areas. The small gift shop at the hotel is staffed by a friendly, helpful young lady and I purchased an unusual piece of pottery made from silt from the lake! Lake Junaluska is the most beautiful, peaceful and spiritual place, no matter where you should decide to stay (they have many options) and is a ten minute drive to the charming town of Waynesville, which has numerous restaurants and nice shops. I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who just want to get away and enjoy themselves and relax in the gorgeous NC mountains.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank WorthSC
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I stayed here with my Youth Group when we went skiing, and also for confirmation.

Granted, this isn't a 5 star resort, but it's not bad, either.

There is free coffee in the lobby, and the staff is always nice.

They do have a few computers in the lobby, but they are pretty old.

Beds are nice.. I have stayed in a room with twin beds both time. Last time I was there, they had very nice flat screen tv's

There are vending machines and Ice Makers at the end of every floor.

I love to stay here while in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank rainytwilight
Reviewed March 5, 2009

I planned my youth group's ski trip with Lake Junaluska this year and it was absolutely wonderful. Everyone who went on our trip (kids and parents) had a great time. The accommodations were fantastic, the staff was extremely friendly and everything was organized so well that it made the weekend extremely easy and enjoyable for me. We definitely plan on returning next year.

• Stayed: February 2009
2  Thank sinamon
Reviewed July 2, 2008

The beautiful trip we expected, turned out to be a biohazard nightmare. To start off, we arrived at the hotel, the young lady behind the check in desk appeared to be in a trance......while speaking to her, she had a blank stare on her face and offered no directions to our room upon checking in.
Secondly, we entered our room to find dirty bed comforters, pubic hairs on the tiolet seat and to top it all off, MORE PUBIC HAIRS ON THE SHOWER WALLS! A minor issue was the smell of the room. The smell was that of ...lets say....dirty feet!
Upon further observation of the room, we found ants crawling on the bathroom floor. My wife remarked that she felt like she was in a Brady Bunch re-run, the decor was of the 1970's.
In closing, I am not a "complainer" because typically it is a waiste time, but if anyone reads this...please be cognizant of my personal observations and poor experience with this substandard hotel.

PS. We paid $92.00 a night to stay at this place. WOW!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
10  Thank ashlie0901
Best Western Plus River Escape Inn & Suites
The Windsor Boutique Hotel
The Windsor Boutique Hotel
#1 of 66 in Asheville

Been to The Terrace at Lake Junaluska? Share your experiences!