“A good time was had by all!”

Jack Mackerel's Island Grill
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 17, 2014

During our week here we've eaten lunch and dinner. The lunch was enjoyable, but I had the fried shrimp from the lunch menu. There were small and not very tasty. The other 6 people at my table were well pleased with their orders. We had a good server who was attentive. We were early for dinner, about 5, and avoided a crowd. Our server was Brandi who was excellent. I had fried oysters that were delicious. We did not have to wait either visit.

Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

I go to Kure Beach four to five times a year for long weekends and always have to eat at Jack Mackerels! Sometimes more than once on a visit. If sitting at the bar alone enjoying a drink and great meal or with family and friends on the patio has always been great.

Food and service are wonderful and love the tuna sandwich.

Going to the beach next week and already looking forward to going to Jack Mackerels!

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Not a large selection if you aren't here for seafood. The service was great, our waitress was very attentive. A little overpriced.

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

The restaurant looks like a typical mediocre beach side place. But we were so surprised by the dinner we had! The kids all loved their meals and I had an amazing honey pecan crusted salmon salad. Seriously one of the most pleasing salmon preparations I have ever had and incredibly fresh. Lovely service as well. Definitely worth a stop in.

Reviewed July 11, 2014

The choices were great and reasonable. Nice atmosphere and pleasant service. I wish all of the seafood restaurants included more local, fresh seafood.