“Excellent lunch in Kure Beach on a beautiful April day”

Jack Mackerel's Island Grill
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Rochester, New York
“Excellent lunch in Kure Beach on a beautiful April day”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I were at Kure Beach for the first time and stopped here for lunch. I had the shrimp and mango quest dill and it was excellent - plenty of shrimp, the mango salsa had some kick, hubby liked his lunch too..we recommend this place as it has 2 outdoor decks too.

Mechanicsville, Virginia
“Local bar hang out”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We ate lunch at Jack Mackerel’s on Tuesday, April 15, 2014. We arrived around 2pm and were promptly seated in a large booth. I had the fish and chips and my wife got the fried shrimp platter. My fish was rather greasy and my wife’s shrimp were so over cooked they were dry and chewy. The fries that came with both meals were excellent. We never saw our waitress again until it was time for our check so we were not able to complain. This restaurant seems to cater to locals who like to sit at the bar and hammer back their drinks. There were several patrons who were obviously drunk to the point that they stumbled to the restroom. I cannot recommend this restaurant to anyone and we will not return.

2 Thank 1967foodie
“Great locals hangout”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Where locals go for great seafood year round. Great tiki atmosphere, friendly service, generous portions. Never miss a chance to go to Jack Mack's.

Visited April 2014
Wilmington, nc
“good food, getting pricey”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My favorite has always been the salmon club sandwich. It is on special bread, lots of taste and very filling. The cob salad is also good. We would go more often if they had not raised their prices some 30-40% in the last 2 years or so. Sit in the top area if the weather is nice and you can get a table.

• Visited February 2014
Greenville, North Carolina
“Great service”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Service was great really sweet personality. Food was ok everything was fried which isn't what we enjoy. 120.00 for 2 adults and a 4 year old is a bit much for something we could I had at long John silvers. Not worth a return trip.

2 Thank Medicfamily