“Pretty Good two thumbs up”

Jack Mackerel's Island Grill
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
leesburg
“Pretty Good two thumbs up”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2008

Sept 3, 2008. Someone recommended and we tried it. Happened to go on a Tuesday night when it was all you can eat Shrimp, steamed or fried. Found my wifes fried shrimp to be just about perfect. Nice and sweet with a light batter. My steamed shrimp were quite large and cooked in old bay seasoning. Service was quite good. Total bill not counting tip was $39. Cole slaw was also quite good as was the hand cut french fries. Lots of other things on the menu we didn't try, but we hadn't had shrimp in a while. Anyway, I'm sure there are a few cheaper places, but I had no problem with any part of the experience. PS> Nice bar also and the place was very clean.

Richmond, Virginia
“Nice atmosphere, decent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2008

We tried MacKerels because another restaurant we were going to was closed that evening. The ambiance is very tropical and the menu has a nice variety. I had the garlic sirloin which was pretty good. My wife did the shrimp scampi pasta, and she wasn't too happy with it, but it was edible. Service was nice and the atmosphere was very nice.

Osceola, NC
“Great experience!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2008

My wife and I were staying here for the weekend and decided to try the place. The service and the food were great; the portions were way more than either of us could eat. We'll definitely return.

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Decent experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

The food here was pretty good. The atmosphere tried to be fun, but it felt a little forced. I was with a family group of eleven folks, and everyone was happy with the food and drinks. I had the tuna, and it was really good. Since there aren't a lot of choices for restaurants in Kure Beach, this was the only one actually in Kure Beach I visited. I would recommend trying it.

Philadelphia
“only good restaurant in this area...it is a must in Kure beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2008

I am from Philadelphia, which has a lot of wonderful restaurants. Carolina Beach and Kure Beach.....should not be known for their restaurants....they really do not have many choices at all.
My friend and I went to the Island Grill after driving by numerous other places and happy we came across it.
This is a place that actually had summer drinks and pretty good food for this area...as well as an atmosphere.
I ordered the crab cakes...which were really good
My friend ordered the prime rib...and it was really tasty as well!
The prices were not bad either.
I do not usually write reviews...but I decided I needed to incase another foodie was going to be vacationing down in this area...just be aware....there are no other good places to eat! also...not much to do either!