“This restaurant has a great atmosphere”

Jack Mackerel's Island Grill
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Kure Beach, North Carolina
“This restaurant has a great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The food is mostly good, however the entrees are pricey. The sandwiches are the best deal. They have a delicious hamburger and many of their other sandwiches are good too. The salads are big but expensive. The best part of the restaurant is its atmosphere. The beachy decorations and comfortable bar area make this a nice place to get a bit to eat.

• Visited February 2014

Arnold
“Great food”
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had shrimp dinner. A lot food for the money. Every nice and clean. Would go there again. the people where very friendly.

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Eat there all the time”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I'm picky but I do enjoy this cute island restaurant. The staff is always eager to please. We usually sit in the bar area. The fried flounder is very generous and is good. I enjoy the chowder and the burgers are great. They do a barbecue chicken sandwich that my son enjoys, I've never had it. Several times I've had the peel and eat shrimp-its just okay. We have a vacation home down the street and this place is open in the off season-thus a reason we frequent it. The lemon aid drink they serve, has alcohol, I forget the name, is lovely. Hope this helps! As of this writing they are closed for renovations. I'll be back when they re-open.

• Visited November 2013
Carolinas
“I had really hoped for more.”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

First I have to say the decor and atmosphere of the restaurant is great!! Upon going in, being seated, and looking around, I could picture many satisfied returns if only the food could come close to the atmosphere. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. We were recommended the 'specials' where we were assured they were freshly prepared by their chefs. All I can say is, I believe they could have done much better, and it's nice when 'specials' don't taste like 'specials'. With that being said, this place seems like a great place to stop in and have a beer or mixed drink.

• Visited October 2013
Pennsylvania
“Great chicken tortilla (I think) soup of the day.”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We had a nice lunch here. The burger was and the homemade chips were both good. The soup of the day, however, something like chicken tortilla, was outstanding.

• Visited November 2013