“Love Jack Mackerels!”

Jack Mackerel's Island Grill
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is one of my favorite places on the island! The Shrimp Mango Quesadillas are sooooo good I would go there every day :)

Reviewed September 2, 2013

As far as location and atmosphere it's great, their fresh Mahi sandwich is very good but if you want better prices on fresh seafood drive for 10 minutes and go to Fish Bites.

1  Thank Poor G
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped into Jack MacKerels during our recent trip to Kure Beach. We were enticed by the reviews on here, but I was pleasantly surprised that it was better than we had expected! The location of the restaurant is optimal, but you definitely pay for it. As with everything in Kure Beach, food seems overpriced for an out-of-towner. That's to be expected in a beach town at a restaurant that serves seafood though.

Aside from the cost, our experience was fantastic. We went at dinnertime on an August Saturday night and were seated right away, with our choice of inside or outside. We elected to sit on the covered patio, which was breezy and great for people-watching. The menu was well-balanced for seafood lovers and those who do not, but there was only one vegetarian option available. My boyfriend ordered that, and was happy with it -- it was fresh and flavorful, with great variety of vegetables. I ordered the seafood penne and was thrilled; most places overcook your seafood, but mine was cooked perfectly (not that rubbery stuff you usually end up with), and the marsala cream sauce was delicious. Our drinks were also quite good, and our waitress was attentive without being pushy. Even if things were a bit pricey, we would definitely consider going back again.

Reviewed August 20, 2013

We went here on a whim because they are one of the only restaurants in the ares the serves jerk chicken. They had a little bit of everything that we could all order. I ordered the all you can eat shrimp that they had on special. It was without question the best shrimp I ate while we were in wilmington! The jerk chicken was actually worth the trip!! Really good food and our waitress was on top of it all!!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

This was our First time at Jack Mackerels. I carried my wife there for her birthday and we will be going back each time we go to Kure Beach now. We had shrimp, scallop and oysters and everything was cooked perfect. We were seat quickly and the service was great. It is a little pricey but I look at the location and service.