“It was ok, nothing great, prices were reasonable”

Jack Mackerel's Island Grill
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Kure Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2011

We went here twice and both times, we had some good food and some underwhelming food. I wish I had something impressive to say about the place, but I don't. For the money, it was an ok meal, but its not the kind of place where I would go out of my way to go back.

There are newer reviews for Jack Mackerel's Island Grill

Reviewed June 30, 2011

Went with my kids the other night and honestly had the best meal, we ordered the Old Bay homemade chips which were fantastic for an appetizer. Kids just got usual kid fare but was delicious. I had fried oysters and scallops and they were fresh and lightly breaded and fantastic. We sat inside but my hubby arrives tonight and we will go back again tomorrow night and sit outside. Really great. It's the locals favorite too!

2  Thank RP8133
Reviewed June 15, 2011

After reading several reviews, decided to try Jack Mackerals Island Grill. We sat outside which was nice. We found the food to be very good and the wait stay very attentive. The food came quickly and was exactly what we ordered. We started with some calamari which was good. I had the fish chowder which I would recommend. Another in our party had the Caribbean Salad with the Jerk Shrimp. The portion size was large and the seasoning was spicy, even for my family who all like their food hot and tangy.

1  Thank NittanyLioninNC
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Jack MacKerels is simply the best on Carolina/Kure Beach and is without question one of the finest restaurants in NC. The atmosphere is excellent and the service is great. The food offerings are wide and every item that our very large party ordered was fabulous. If you are in the area and pass this up, you have missed a terrific treat. Hang for bite and a bit of joy at Jack's. You will be glad you did.

1  Thank fstevet
Reviewed June 10, 2011

First time visit even though we live here. Wonderful atmosphere, good food, friendly staff. Will definitely go back

2  Thank ILMBeaches