“Great place to stay made it feel like a home”
Review of Moran Motel

Moran Motel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Kure Beach
Reviewed May 31, 2011

My husband and two boys ages 10 and 2 stayed over the memorial day weekend and love the area, the staff and the owners go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. The room number 8 was great for a small family plenty of room to play the rooms were clean and the beds were great . Thanks again for a great vacation.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank millerfamily041
There are newer reviews for Moran Motel

Reviewed April 18, 2011

The room was old but clean. The shower was the smallest I've ever seen on the planet. But being right across from the beach is fantastic. Their rates were pretty good even in season. Walking distance to food, arcade, pier, bars and the beach.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gpbbard
Reviewed November 18, 2010

Very clean! Great bed, very comfortable. A/C and TV perfect. Bath very small but ok. Stayed in Room 5, Nov. 8-10, 2010. Would be nice to have "black-out" curtins "oceanside" because lighted signs and morning sun come thru very blightly. I had to bring out my eye slades. Otherwise, very clean and nice owner's. Enjoyed talking to them. Motel is an oldie but goodie! Motel is across the street from Kure fishing pier and a very good family resturant!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank af13743488
Reviewed August 31, 2010

Aug 22-24 2010. I am a neat and clean freak and this motel did not let me down. This was the last vacation for the summer and the cleanest I stayed in. Small for the average folk but just right for us, normally I stay in 4 star places. I had two rooms, 1 with king bed and 1 with 3 beds, king & 2 queens, kitchen. I had 3 teenager boys with me. Our main focus was fishing and the motel was across from the pier. The staff was friendly, the price was right and they will see me again. I tried to look for pictures on the internet but the one was not good, I normally like to have an idea of what I am getting into. The reviews of cleanliness helped make my choice and it was a good one. Actually the motel was better than I expected. I like the location, which was away from the bigger hotels and closer to beach homes. You have two places to eat, on the corners just feet from the motel and you can do a small drive in any location to find eating, shopping, or site seeing. I liked that the pool was only open from 9 am to 9 pm out of respect for those who had rooms on the pool side. My room over looked the pool area but they also have 2 nice comfortable beach chairs out the front door of your room to relax in. Each room has it's own assigned parking slot.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
7  Thank msworldadventure
Reviewed July 15, 2010

We love staying at the Moran. Our most recent trip was over the Fourth of July weekend. Once again, we found the Moran staff helpful and gracious. The housekeeping staff are like the elves and the shoemaker fairy tale. We did not see them in our room, but when we returned- the room would be spotless! The amenities are not luxurious, just your basic needs. It is the only motel we have ever stayed at in a beach vicinity (even Myrtle Beach's resorts) that does NOT have sticky carpet. The pool is private and the kids enjoy the slide. The beach access is across the street. You can hear the ocean waves crashing as you sit outside of your room and enjoy the breeze. The Parnells (owners) are available in person should you have any needs. The motel is located within walking distance from pier, food, activites, etc..

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank april722
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This hotel was awesome! My family enjoyed the stay. Even has little kitchen, very nice for your money. Owners EXTREMELY nice and accomodating, loved the bright colors, so close to the beach it doesn't matter its not oceanfront. I'd rather have cleanliness, hominess,and accomodating over the ritzy hotels. you can't go wrong staying here!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank mom2brecalebcarson
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Not knowing what to expect because I read only great reviews, I was hoping to be able to write a great review also. The Motel is not on the beach. It is across from the beach but it has great beach access. The owner was great and extremely accomodating. It's not a fancy place but it had everything we needed. A kitchen with large refrigerator to comfortable beds and futon. Seating outside and a nice pool. The one thing I want to let everyone know is this was one of the cleanest motels I had ever been to. Great vacation and would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
#13 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
Surfside Lodge Oceanfront
#14 of 19 in Carolina Beach

Been to Moran Motel? Share your experiences!