“Best Pork Chops Ever!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Beyond the hostess, everything was fantastic! They speciallize in Pork Chops and they are fantastic! I had one called the Rum Runner (or something like that), and it was out of this world good. Our server, Chris, was exceptional! Thank you Chris! It's just a great little place with an Italian flair. Casual, friendly, well priced, and very tasty!

It's also very busy between 6-7:30. Reservation only for 6 or more ;(

If you visit Kure Beach, this is a must!

Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

I am so shocked to see poor reviews on here. We have been dining at Freddie's for 10+ years and have never been disappointed. During our visit this time we shared the Crab Dip for an appetizer. It was delicious and very flavorful. The salad was delicious and fresh. We shared the Freddie's Spaghetti for our meal. Even with splitting it we still couldn't finish it. I highly recommend to share a meal. They do charge $5 to do so but it's well worth it. They even bring it out on separate plates. We both had wine and the glasses were poured fuller than most places which was a plus!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Nice atmosphere but horrible service and food. I can't express to you how horrible the service was. Without boring you with details it was the absolute worst place I have been in years with very rude waiters also, very sad. Food wasn't warm, tea was very warm. Very disappointed

1  Thank Inscoe18
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Freddies is a legion at Kure Beach!! Fantastic atmosphere, great food, and good service. If you're visiting in the summer months make a reservation. Most the locals frequent here in the off season. Make sure you have at least one meal at Freddies....you'll be glad you did.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I dine her quite regularly. A couple weeks ago we were taking a stroll down to the Pier and realized they were open for lunch now. We decided to pop in and try it out. The pork chops for dinner are always superb. When we walked in we were rudely greeted by who turned out to be our waitress..."just sit wherever" no hello no welcome just sit. she tossed our menus to us and we went and sat down. After about 5 minutes our waitress finally came to us. My wife ordered the eggplant parm, I ordered the shrimp parm both were just okay. The waitress however was very short and snooty. She smelt like alcohol and failed to refill our drinks until we asked. will never go back for lunch.

1  Thank Nick W